Where are you on your V11?

swooshdave

2018 OVM (Oregon Vintage Motorcyclists) Show at Corvallis, Oregon. 39th Annual event. Actually they think it's 39 years but no one can remember back that far...

27393256207_9f69fac273_b.jpgIMG_1502 by swooshdave, on Flickr

41362081585_07f3b2debd_b.jpgIMG_1503 by swooshdave, on Flickr

41362083425_526a0a9d12_b.jpgIMG_1514 by swooshdave, on Flickr

41362084035_918a4f0b4f_b.jpgIMG_1515 by swooshdave, on Flickr

Yes, that would be two Black Shadows, not just two views.

41362084595_b04181c040_b.jpgIMG_1526 by swooshdave, on Flickr

Gentleman wanted $10k for a heavily modified T3. Not going to happen in a million years. Maybe if he had made it look like a V7 Sport.

42264163111_c4f33f3386_b.jpgIMG_1495 by swooshdave, on Flickr

42264162721_911ff01dfe_b.jpgIMG_1490 by swooshdave, on Flickr

I have never seen a carb setup like this.

I'll post a couple videos later.

• Like 1

I bet it’s a BMW one

What is?

I bet it’s a BMW one

What is?

Website is still messed up on my end I guess.

Was looking, and replying to a totally different topic.

Looked like a great show though

Anyone with a drone used the "follow" mode with a motorcycle.  I understand that the speed would need to be kept low enough for the drone to follow. I think it would be cool to do a follow up a tight twisty mountain road.

Anyone with a drone used the "follow" mode with a motorcycle.  I understand that the speed would need to be kept low enough for the drone to follow. I think it would be cool to do a follow up a tight twisty mountain road.

I have seen several videos on it. The most successful (despite some crashes) was with a DJI Spark. It went pretty fast. Early videos with the Mavic Air (like I have) seem to be much slower (sub-20mph). The may be due to advance obstacle avoidance technologies in that aircraft. Perhaps turning it off may let it go faster. I haven't gotten to the point to test the active tracking but rest assured... I will at some point.

But I don't think it will track up a tight twisty road. We are still a couple years out from that level (there are some drones that can but they can't go that fast). It's takes not only the optical tracking but predictive intelligence to look where it thinks the object will go and not just react to where it turns.

Yea, I'm worried the drone would try to cut the corner, which here in Zonie land probably means a close encounter with a rock.

Depending on the angle it could be a problem. The latest drones have multiple sensors to help prevent hitting things. The Air has front, rear and bottom. Some of the bigger ones have side sensors. They are very effective.

Wandering in the vicinity of Cedar Vale,...took a break from the traffic in Sedan, KS.

20180505_123109.jpg

A question.....I've seen many images of American country towns and it seem usual to lack awnings out the front of the stores. Just wondering why?

It seems to make them feel a little bleak and lacking character. Is there a reason for this?

I love a country town with old stores with awnings. Add hitching posts and horse drinking troughs and, well perfect.

Most Aussie country town have awnings but it doesnt necessarily mean it will have a nice feel. Sometimes our towns have the awnings but too wide a main street and loose the intimate feel.

Ciao