Where are you on your V11?

swooshdave

Different mufflers.

I added Guzzi accessory (Mistral) round cf cans really early on. Immediately, I felt like the V11 is mapped more for that freer flow than the restrictive (and heavy) US LaFranchoni.

It is critical to accurately index your existing map ("baseline" the TPS), and optimize ("zero") the CO Fuel Trim.

If very diligent and complete tuning does not sort a V11, consider Meinolf's map(s).  AFAIK, he is the one that has taken the time and due diligence to really "clean" and adapt the V11 map. :thumbsup:

As you know I already tuned the bike. And the Mistrals definitely improved the performance but after riding James’s bike there seems to be more potential out there.

Nowhere on my V11 yet as I do not have one.  I have started getting more serious about finally finding one.   I have done things in reverse order.  I got in on the group buy for the Roper plate a couple years ago.  So I have the plate, but no V11 :).   This is also my first post on the forum.  I hope to pick your brains as I start searching,

Nowhere on my V11 yet as I do not have one. I have started getting more serious about finally finding one. I have done things in reverse order. I got in on the group buy for the Roper plate a couple years ago. So I have the plate, but no V11 :). This is also my first post on the forum. I hope to pick your brains as I start searching,

Many of my bikes have started out as parts, models or even pictures as inspirations.

Best thing to do if you know which bike you want is to start a new thread. It worked for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nowhere on my V11 yet as I do not have one.  I have started getting more serious about finally finding one.   I have done things in reverse order.  I got in on the group buy for the Roper plate a couple years ago.  So I have the plate, but no V11 :).   This is also my first post on the forum.  I hope to pick your brains as I start searching,

Buying the Roper plate means you've at least taken "mental possession" of one. Good on ya. Decide which model or range you want, and begin the search. You could get lucky or it might take some time, so be diligent. I've watched the market pretty seriously for several years. Cycle Trader, and CL Search Tempest mostly, monitoring classifieds here and Wild Guzzi. There are periods of feast and of famine. Having a low production number to start with, combined with price and condition variables, it can prove tough to find the one true love. But, it can be done.  Bikes with issues can be 2-3k$, and the "collector" versions can hit 10k on the high end. I feel comfy saying you can still find a nice example @ 4-5k.

I have ... 3 times.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Good luck on the search and the find. Keep us posted! We like pics!

• Like 1

41068803080_3692ffc871_k.jpg

You already know what I'm going to say... video coming soon... but with a ridiculous bonus section.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, a cool day in this sweltering south'n summer . . . 80 miles in, enjoyed a little loop with a few good riders and back home before the afternoon thunderbumpers. :race::thumbsup: 

IMG_5891.jpg

• Like 5

67c38a82b3d3dc0ad9905ccd309b4a06.jpg

I wasn’t on my V11 today as it’s 3000 miles away instead I took a spin on this thing to get some North Carolina BBQ. I’m going to be so glad to get home because I’ve eaten way too much and I miss my bike. Although the Norton is fun too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Finally, a cool day in this sweltering south'n summer . . . 80 miles in, enjoyed a little loop with a few good riders and back home before the afternoon thunderbumpers. :race::thumbsup:

IMG_5891.jpg

I need to see more pictures of that Norton.

wow.  She's a pretty Norton and appears to be running.  Double bonus.

Docc, Is that the joint where we had breakfast on way to the Raid?