Where are you on your V11?

swooshdave

wow.  She's a pretty Norton and appears to be running.  Double bonus.

Docc, Is that the joint where we had breakfast on way to the Raid?

Different place, buddy. This one is further west, live music, BBQ. Fabulous, eclectic motorcycle crowd early on Sundays and surrounded by fantastic winding roads, well paved. :race:

Puckett's Grocery, Lieper's Fork, Tennessee. :thumbsup:

Let’s get this thread back on track. Those are some beautiful Nortons though!

Lately when faced with the dilemma of either taking my light little old Yamaha or the big (relatively) heavy v11 the Yammer has been winning, relegating the v11 to commuting duty. Not cool, I know... Today I took the stiletto clad big girl out for a “fer real” dance. Never gone sell this thing! At least without owning another v11!

Man she is just SO right on the right day!

Let’s get this thread back on track. Those are some beautiful Nortons though!

Lately when faced with the dilemma of either taking my light little old Yamaha or the big (relatively) heavy v11 the Yammer has been winning, relegating the v11 to commuting duty. Not cool, I know... Today I took the stiletto clad big girl out for a “fer real” dance. Never gone sell this thing! At least without owning another v11!

Man she is just SO right on the right day!

So now you know how the Norton owners feel. Over 100 lbs lighter and a hoot to ride. That being said there are many times when the V11 can’t be beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Uh oh. Turning into a Norton thread.

Sorry,  with Guzzi content.  A pair of 74's :)

814.jpg

I've been inside Commando engines and transmissions a few times in the past and I find the engineering design somewhat offensive I'm afraid. A couple of dozen fasteners press ganged onto a vibrating self destructing thrashing machine all looking for a way to jump ship.

Ciao

• Like 1

36848985_1917039245015140_78629649056058

Peak District National park celebrating England's quarter final game in the soccer world cup. Get to celebrate their semi on Wednesday evening.

• Like 4

Uh oh. Turning into a Norton thread.

You don't have to go inside a Commando engine to see the parts, wait long enough and they will come out to see you.

Bought my Commando new in '72. Rode home and noticed the rear indicator bracket had snapped off. A week later the centre stand snapped. Mains failed at 3,000 miles. Advance and retard at 5,000 which went to full retard and turned the downpipes bright red, not a problem as one then snapped a while later so needed changing anyways. Zener diode failure and boiled battery. The disc pads are not really held in too well, when the pad wears down you find the backing plate is the same thickness as the gap between the disc and the caliper so it flies out in front of you. Does alert you to the brake failure, what a cunning design. Oh, oil tank lower mount cracks through dumping all oil onto rear wheel, carb float bowl screws fall out...... Actually I love the bike and still have it today after 46 years, although safely in bits in the shed.

• Like 5

7ddfd996fc3ad0bbcd2376905bc7a824.jpg

Seems like a place that a V11 Cafe Sport should go if ever in San Francisco.

• Like 1

5f368604e27e01e59f7202d359d998fe.jpg

Screamin’ Chicken for lunch. The bike screams too. Well, more like it growls.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chilaoing out in the heat...

RzIv5QO.jpg

• Like 2