Where are you on your V11?

swooshdave

Hey Chuck...just out of curiosity...what kind of rear rack is that you have on the Mighty Scura - custom or an OEM Guzzi rack?  Trying to imagine if that 24 can box of warm beer will fit on the back with some Rokstraps!

Hope the CAD/CAM class was a fun one.

I need to send you a video of the AeroLario Demo from Wisconsin...think I have your email still, hopefully the video file is not too large!

Cheers.

Hey Chuck...just out of curiosity...what kind of rear rack is that you have on the Mighty Scura - custom or an OEM Guzzi rack?  Trying to imagine if that 24 can box of warm beer will fit on the back with some Rokstraps!

I need to send you a video of the AeroLario Demo from Wisconsin...think I have your email still, hopefully the video file is not too large!

Cheers.

Hi, Paul.. yes, that is the OEM rack. No problemo with the 24 pack and Rokstraps. :grin: Rokstraps rock!

The Cad/Cam class made my brain hurt.. but I guess old people need to do that kind of stuff. :huh2:  At any rate, Austin and I came back and started running parts two days later. :thumbsup:  Austin has the Guzzi hots, btw..he has already seen the one true faith.  :oldgit:  :) 

• Like 1

CAD/CAM?  My son makes his living with Solidworks.   

He graduated as a BioMedical Engineer, passed the State Exam and now he works for a slot machine manufacturer.   I am glad he's working and knows his stuff.

Cheers.

As Chuck said OEM and VERY hard to come by these days. Grab one if you see one for sale, they are by far the best looking rack out there and aluminium to boot.

Ciao

• Like 2

Cheers.

Hi, Paul.. yes, that is the OEM rack. No problemo with the 24 pack and Rokstraps. :grin: Rokstraps rock!

The Cad/Cam class made my brain hurt.. but I guess old people need to do that kind of stuff. :huh2:  At any rate, Austin and I came back and started running parts two days later. :thumbsup:  Austin has the Guzzi hots, btw..he has already seen the one true faith.  :oldgit:  :)

I don't blame him, after all he is being taught by the guru of Guzzis!  Class sounds like fun...always good to stretch the brain all the time!  Was thinking that instead of a Guzzidiag class at Cedar Vale, we should see a CAD/CAM presentation next time, I"m sure John wouldn't mind hauling the machinery in the Toy Hauler!  :)

the guru of Guzzis!

Thanks, but no. Far from it. I'm just a hobbyist. Real Guzzi guys like Pete, Charlie, Steve.. Oh, I quit. Don't want to leave anyone out... work with Guzzis every day. I just play. I *have* played with several, though. :rasta:

• Like 1

Was playing the WV tag-O-rama game on ADVrider.com and took the V11 around West by god Virginia.

Rode into this fog 'cause it's been the summer of damp here.

38462382_10215800036449525_5396149601629

Found a rocket.

38612561_10215800036849535_8636740844944

And a cool sign

38614754_10215800038169568_8744730255639

And a good place to drop the tag

38502507_10215800040649630_5218644809513

300 plus miles through WV-- no cops, no rain, and some "enthusiastic" motoring.  Good day.

• Like 4

Check this out, Chuck:

https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/indiana-photo-tag.396943/

"1) Locate the current photo tag (there are currently two running), ride there, and snap a pic of your bike.

2) Ride to another location in Indiana (landmark, building, sign, etc.) and snap a pic of your bike.

3) Post your pics of the previous tag and the new tag.

4) Feel free to be as descriptive as you want about the location. The point is to get out there and ride, not solve a mystery."

I've found that it provides a nice excuse and destination for a ride and has led me to discover some new interesting spots.  Most of the USA has a regional tag game going on.  Probably foreign lands, too.

• Like 3

43636423984_2ed65c90c0_h.jpg

43636426174_6f9415a180_h.jpg

43636425684_cb715292d4_h.jpg

Portland Cars & Coffee and the annual Motorcycle Day. Sadly I was the only Guzzi this time, but at least I represented with a proper green Guzzi!

Full album here with more motorcycles and cars: https://www.flickr.com/photos/swooshdave/albums/72157699161917021/with/44352425321/