Exhaust Options

Steve S

I've built a few V11 based cafe racer projects and thought I would pass on my solution to the hard to find and expensive after market exhaust options, the problem is finding the link pipes to fit a pair of slip on silencers, so I buy 45 degree mandrel s/s bends, 48mm o/d will fit inside the stock crossover then you need to sleeve it up to 50mm for most silencer inlets, or have the silencer made with 48mm inlets, alternatively buy the 45 degree bends at 54mm o/d and these will fit outside the stock crossover outlets, I've just ordered a pair of Delkevic s/s silencers 450mm long for £180 plus the link pipes are about £15 each from ebay, once you have fitted the 45 degree link pipes you can fit anything you want, the photo is a pair of cheap chinese s/s silencers

IMG_0253.JPG

• Like 1

Make sure your mandrel bend supplier makes them @ 45 deg. I got a pair for the same project and they were 48 deg. They told me +/- 3 deg was industry standard. Ha .. not my standard. I also got them in 16g and think 18g would be better. My project is on hold but I'm going to cut them at the bend and weld. Winter project. I got a pair of titanium Leo's cheap. They're for a 750 ninja. Single side, but they're reversible, so can be used either side.

I'm glad someone else is giving this a shot. When I get back home I'll measure them and get the name of the supplier I used so you can specify OR avoid them.

I'll be curious to know how your (actual) 45's work out.

So getting them at a true 45 angle will work. That's good to know. Who is your supplier, and what gauge steel did you get. Mine (which sent the 48's) is Columbia River Mandrel Bends. They had no compassion or interest in correcting the problem. I did get the 54mm od and with some finesse, indeed do fit over the crossover pipe. My Leo Vince inlet is just under 54mm so that is going to take a small amount of work as well. Here is the Leo's I got. I think they were $175. ea. and for a ZX10 Kaw. Discontinued style no doubt.

3217794-kawasaki_zx-10rninja_7113.jpg

I got my 45 degree bends from a UK seller on Ebay so probably not much use in the US, to fit those Leos get 48mm o/d and sleeve them with a short length of slotted 50mm o/d , the Delkevics are stock 50mm inlets, 50.8mm to be exact which is 2" in old money, your Leos should be 2" inlet i/d, just noticed that the Leos have spring hooks so you will need to slot the pipe and use clamps but make sure they are 50.8mm inlets first

IMG_0255.JPG

• 3 months later...

Here's the bike with the new Delkevics fitted, great sound without the baffles installed, £89 each and available in the US I think

I looked on the Delkevic page and see no links for the cans... What were these cans for? Thanks

Here's the bike with the new Delkevics fitted, great sound without the baffles installed, £89 each and available in the US I think

I looked on the Delkevic page and see no links for the cans... What were these cans for? Thanks

https://www.delkevic.us/?route=product/category&path=124180_124181_124233&description=Delkevic__Exhaust+Muffler_All+Manufacturers_All+Models&category_string=Silencers%20%3E%20All%20Manufacturers%20%3E%201900#Products

http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=124180_124181_124233&product_id=27331

This one?

• Like 1