How I came to be the custodian of Tenni # 122

badwolf.j

From reading your account, I'd say you and 122 are a good match. She'll slap your face once in awhile, but will always make you happy to take her back. I bought mine twice. Once new, and then again from the guy I sold her to. Your impressions of the LM handling 'early on' are very close to mine. I re-live that for a short time every new riding season. She has to remind me "this isn't going to be like anything else" after every winter lay-up.

I didn't follow MotoGP much till they came to Indy in '08. I went to all 8, till some folks decided the Indy Motor Speedway maybe wasn't big enough. I became a Nicky fan in that inaugural monsoon and yes, I too have a Nicky story. Insignificant, but still a cool memory.

Thanks for sharing the trip.

Footgoose - I too was at the inaugural MotoGP in 2008 when the remnants of Hurricane Ike came tearing through Indy. Parts of the infield became a mud pit, and I really learned to appreciate the benefits of investing in quality rain gear. I rode there on my Futura. Aprilia hosted a free BBQ for owners, and they were shocked at the sheer quantity of Futuras that showed up. When new, they were considered a sales flop. I seem to remember one of them saying "we couldn't give these things away." 

I remember some goof parked in the Ducati area put a cover on his bike that just turned into a sail which resulted in a Duc domino effect. And didn't the Yamaha display tent in the infield get blown over?

About buying yours twice... I wish I could buy back my Ducati 900Sport. I made two mistakes with that bike. I bought it too soon - too much bike for me at that point in my riding career; and then sold it too soon - when I should have just held onto it for a few more years until my skills grew into it. I never was able to track down the guy who bought it from me.