V11 and knee pain

Troutman

That http://www.cycle-ergo.com website is brilliant, great find. Even has the V11 listed.

Sending them a report that they are showing a Sport instead of a Naked.

Nice site Butt everyone has a big butt - Pee Wee Herman

I have short shanks call it the Gorilla Build that works for a Construction Laborer so the leg angle is really off.

30 years ago I found out if I had normal shanks I'd be 4 inches taller --- just call me "stumpy"

Also I see the site has some errors.  By the site my V11 his 2" higher in seating than my Griso 1100 where I know the opposite is true.

Mark

They warn that the seating height is "contentious".

Also there are settings so you can adjust the leg height (inseam) for the more simian-like.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That http://www.cycle-ergo.com website is brilliant, great find. Even has the V11 listed.

Sending them a report that they are showing a Sport instead of a Naked.

I'd say both the original Sport and the other versions with a regular bar are "nakeds" - but you obviously have a point in that the relationship to where our hands go is very different on those two machines. I think that the clipons on the LeMans are also slightly higher than on my RM. This site is interesting, and would allow comparisons of the ergonomic measurements between bikes, but comfort is in the posterior of the sitter, so there is no substitute for actually riding the beast.

Seems there are three different ergonomics for the V11: :huh2:

Sports and Rosso Mandello with clip-ons from below the triple tree.

LeMans series including the Rosso/NeroCorsa/Tenni/Scura with clip-ons above the triple.

Nakeds (Café Sport/Balabio/Coppa Italia/V11 Naked/ScuraR) with handlebars.

LeMans series including the Rosso/NeroCorsa/Tenni/Scura with clip-ons above the triple.

Docc, you have described the three alternatives much more accurately than me. I don't want to split hairs, esp curly ones, but what makes the last four models "nakeds" when an original V11 Sport had no wind protection at all, not even the bikini fairing on my Rosso? The Cafe Sport has essentially the same fairing as on my RM. I can assure you, that when the weather gets foul, except for the folks on a LeMans, we are all riding naked.

Docc, you have described the three alternatives much more accurately than me. I don't want to split hairs, esp curly ones, but what makes the last four models "nakeds" when an original V11 Sport had no wind protection at all, not even the bikini fairing on my Rosso? The Cafe Sport has essentially the same fairing as on my RM. I can assure you, that when the weather gets foul, except for the folks on a LeMans, we are all riding naked.

It's just a model designation.

Yeah, at first I had "Naked" in quotes. It's what Moto Guzzi called the version of that series without the Öhlins or any special paint and trim. I left out any reference to the various fairings (or lack there-of) and the frame versus fork mounting in order to focus on the clip-ons and bars.

I didn't want to call them V11-Handlebars . . . :glare:

I can see it's not right to refer to all of the "handlebar" versions as "Nakeds."  A "V11 Naked" is a 2003-2004 with handlebars (no fairing), but without Öhlins (Café Sport) or painted red (Ballabio) or with Öhlins and Tri-colore paint (Coppa Italia).

The latter three have frame mounted instruments/headlamp, unlike a "Sport" which has fork mounted kit and clip-ons.

6080564126fd86d91a115fd9b744f8fc203a79dd

0342854046c65e3f65ab8e3e9a63fa6ffbb30d62

The one I'm buying has clip-ons, I thought it did.

Been in touch with the owner to find out who changed them over from handlebars, they are the ones above the yoke. I actually prefer being more forward so should be fine if they have been done right.

Bars are Tommaselli

i410181154.jpg

Mirrors are Highsider

10028392_860_FR01_14.JPG

both good stuff.

Docc, how do you know the clocks and fairing are fork mounted? I don't see any mounts on the forks, just the yokes.

The bike you are buying has been converted to fork mounted headlamp, fairing and clocks probably because clipons would foul the original frame mounted ones, you can tell it has fork mounted kit because the clocks and fairing are turning with the steering, the cafe sport should have all this mounted to the frame on a cast aluminium bracket