Non-resistor plug caps

coreytrevor

Resistor leads were a problem on my EV, they opened up at the coil end causing a bad miss under acceleration.

Check your leads and coils by measuring the resistance from plug cap to chassis, should be identical on both sides, about 8k I think.

Sent from my shoe phone!

My EV has flat spots at couple of rpm areas.  Intermittent, from barely noticeable to barely rideable.   Replaced the TPS and synced the TBs.  This might be a good place to start.

BTW- the plug caps require me to unscrew the caps on the plugs.  

Resistor leads were a problem on my EV, they opened up at the coil end causing a bad miss under acceleration.

Check your leads and coils by measuring the resistance from plug cap to chassis, should be identical on both sides, about 8k I think.

Sent from my shoe phone!

Sorry for the dumb questions, when you mention "leads" are you talking about the connectors to the coil or the plugs?  or something else?

And if there is a problem do I clean the leads or replace the leads or coils?

Thanks

If you unscrew the caps and look into the spark plug wire ( lead ) and look in the end you will see copper strands . This will verify solid strand wire . If you can access the coil end , measure the resistance and it should be less than 10 ohm resistance . Then check  the cap. It will show ( I hope ) around 5k resistance .