WTB Naked/Lemans Top Triple and Clip-Ons

Stumble_t

Do you have to swap upper clamp to use clip-ons? No doubt you want to plug the holes. I wonder how much extra cabling you might have. I have never ridden a "handlebar" Sport, but the clip-ons are really nicely positioned. I had MPH risers ordered for so long (waiting on mfg) that by the time I got them, I had changed my mind on using them.  

Thanks for the reply footgoose

Do you have to swap upper clamp to use clip-ons?  

Not Necessarily, But when using the OE clip-ons there is a tapped thread in the upper TC for use with the locator screw. This screw also may prevent the bars from swiveling away from their located position and of course, looks stock. I have read that considering the OE clip-ons only use one clamp bolt, it might not be a bad idea to use that screw as well to insure they stay put.  

I had MPH risers ordered for so long (waiting on mfg) that by the time I got them, I had changed my mind on using them.  

The MPH risers allow you to raise the OE bars, What I'm trying to do here is replace the riser bar setup that was fitted from the factory with the other models stock clip-ons so they won't be much use to me, sorry if that was unclear. 

If this search doesn't pan out, I'll probably go with a set of Tommaselli's or Woodcrafts, but I want to see whats out there first.  BUMP!

I've been running the stock clip-ons without the 6mm bolt for a while, to be able to change the bar angle. They are very solid as long as the pinch bolt is tight. 

I think the bolt is just there as a locator so the bars end up where the factory wanted them.

Thanks for the reply footgoose

Do you have to swap upper clamp to use clip-ons?  

Not Necessarily, But when using the OE clip-ons there is a tapped thread in the upper TC for use with the locator screw. This screw also may prevent the bars from swiveling away from their located position and of course, looks stock. I have read that considering the OE clip-ons only use one clamp bolt, it might not be a bad idea to use that screw as well to insure they stay put.  

I had MPH risers ordered for so long (waiting on mfg) that by the time I got them, I had changed my mind on using them.  

The MPH risers allow you to raise the OE bars, What I'm trying to do here is replace the riser bar setup that was fitted from the factory with the other models stock clip-ons so they won't be much use to me, sorry if that was unclear. 

If this search doesn't pan out, I'll probably go with a set of Tommaselli's or Woodcrafts, but I want to see whats out there first.  BUMP!

yeah, I'm trackin' what you want to do. just sayin you'll like the oem clip on riding position on the spine frame. The stockers have a nice anti-vibe design inside the bars too. hope you can find that setup.

I've been running the stock clip-ons without the 6mm bolt for a while, to be able to change the bar angle. They are very solid as long as the pinch bolt is tight. 

I think the bolt is just there as a locator so the bars end up where the factory wanted them.

Thanks coreytrevor, that gives me some peace of mind. 

yeah, I'm trackin' what you want to do. just sayin you'll like the oem clip on riding position on the spine frame. The stockers have a nice anti-vibe design inside the bars too. hope you can find that setup.

Thats a good point footgoose. I've gotten used to that feature on my Falco's so that would be a welcome addition on the V11. 

Not only that, but I had the MPH risers mounted, still without the 6mm bolt and they still stayed put even with the extra leverage.