Electrosport Powerject Fuel Controller

Amarrache

Guys,

Sorry if there is already a discussion about this, but I couldn't find it. Anyone have experience with one of these? - http://www.ebay.com/itm/PE-PJ-001-ELECTROSPORT-POWERJET-FUEL-CONTROLLER-MOTO-GUZZI-DUKATI-SUPERBIKE-/151950230341?hash=item2360f08345:g:McMAAOSwT~9Wl95J&vxp=mtr

Is it worth the money.  Is it as easy to hookup as claimed?

Those type of controllers just fool the ECU into thinking the engine is cooler than it is so the ECU richens the mixture. The bad thing is that the fueling will be richer across the board, adding fuel to help the lean spots but making other spots too rich. It's just a primitive approach that probably creates as many problems as it solves.

Similar thing works well on newer BMW's.  Since the BMW only closes the loop at low engine speeds, messing with the air sensor only effects idle, which is what normally needs enrichening.  Also, there's no "BMWDiag" software or any way to crack into the ECU without killing it.

I would never use such a thing.. get yourself the free Guzzidiag software and learn how to set up your V11 right with out add on doodads.

So what is "wrong" with the stock setup and what is required to make it right? I don't have the software and manipulating the ECU may be beyond my abilities, but curious.

Really, the 03 is well sorted from the factory. You may need a different map if using intake and exhaust mods. It's easy with GuzziDiag.. a wonderful tool. It's also a valuable tool for trouble shooting. We now have the ability to do this sort of thing that we used to have to go to the dealer and pay the big bucks for. It's free except for a donation to the developer. 

Don't waste your money on a spoofer. At worst it can make your bike run so rich it will wash down cylinder walls and cause unnatural wear.