want a New Alloy petrol tank for your V11?

Fred in the shed

Still hoping Fred in the shed will chime in.  I hope it's all cool I moved the thread here (24/7 V11).

I have left the other thread (in Motha of All V11 Forums)to link here (for now).

I phoned MCS Engineering this morning.

He is aware there is interest in these alloy tanks and has replied to a few people through the info@mcs-engineering.co.uk email address.

He was a pleasant chap to talk to but did point out  "Those folk over the pond seem to think I have tanks ready on the shelf I don't, we build tanks to order". 

As a small company they build bespoke tanks for many bikes, cars etc.  There is around three months waiting time.  He said it is difficult for him to make a tank without having the bike with him as there seem to be differences between frames and what fits under the tank.  He did say he was considering buying a frame as a worktool.  Perhaps someone near him could help with that.  I did not discuss price of the tanks.

He asked if we are a club, I explained it is a web based forum covering the V11.  Perhaps someone with more knowledge of V11lemans.com could contact him, you may be able to arrange a group deal.  I expect the price of a tank would be too high for me. :glare: 

68c- Another fuel tank builder on your side of the pond is: TAB ll.  I had been directed to them via a Brit Bike Forum when I was searching for a new tank for my T160.  TAB ll had a nice web site and as I recall, they had photos of a tank they fabbed for a Guzzi.  At the time their prices seemed reasonable, until you added freight to ship it over here :bbblll: 

Interesting, but as we do not have such high ethanol fuel the tank swelling problem does not seem so great here so maybe not such a need here.

Yeah, well, that's what the zinc chromate is all about? (like protecting carbon fiber with a clear coat?)

Interestingly, the V11 Tenni is a fabulous representation of both the 'oxidized" aluminum tank and the best of the zinc chromate fairing; the number plates. Just nailed it (IMO).

But a raw alloy tank on a V11? :food:

Hi. Would be interested in this due to a drop (Tank, not bike :grin: .) causing a BIG crack on my 02 V11.

Tank still holding thanks to JB Weld but thats 2 yrs now. 

Any ideas on price yet?