want a New Alloy petrol tank for your V11?

Fred in the shed

Are the alloy tanks lighter than stock items? Well in the famous words of Vicky Pollard.....Yeah but ....no ...but yeah? empty..... I recon 20% to 25% at least

lighter, however as a plus the first tank made has a capacity of 30 ltr or just over 6 Gallons in real money if I recall but check on this standard tank is just

under 24 Ltr ? so it depends on how much juice you put in, the 2nd tank I have not yet measured capacity but would think about the same

Does anyone remember this silver V11 with a similar tank, but polished, and small also chromey aftermarket pipes? It was sold for 2000 USD IIRC. Right colour and I would have called it the prettiest V11 I've seen so far ;) May well be that Docc still has pics of her hanging in his shed.

Ah, yes, it belonged to ponti_33609 in Tampa, Florida, USA. I recall the tank was also built in England by The Tank Shop and had the forward style line not seen on this tank.

Alas, his images have fallen under PhotoBlockit. Thread here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16363&p=175827

This is at the shop before the polishing:

post-5741-12923600130425.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried the company email, I picked it off there website, www.mcs-engineering.co.uk

info@mcs-engineering.co.uk

Website has a dash between mcs and engineering, not sure if that is  'legal' character for emails.

Ah, yes, it belonged to ponti_33609 in Tampa, Florida, USA. I recall the tank was also built in England by The Tank Shop and had the forward style line not seen on this tank.

Alas, his images have fallen under PhotoBlockit. Thread here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16363&p=175827

This is at the shop before the polishing:

post-5741-12923600130425.jpg

The fwd "style line"is a majorly important feature for mine. Tank looks nicely made but I love the shape of the original so the style line and a flush filler cap are a must. Cant stand those old pommy 50's sports car fillers on later model vehicles esp the smaller ones. They look like a growth more than a filler cap.

I'm sure the tank guy could make one with a flush cap though.

Ciao  

• Like 1