Guzzi is Junk lol. Now tell me about loopers? :)

JesterGrin_1

What are the thoughts about the Loopers or so I think they are? You know the ones that were close to what the early and older HD FL's were?

I know a good deal about the older HD's From Shovel down to knuck and without trying to hurt anyone's feelings they just really do not float my boat all that much as far as riding is concerned.

I would not even be asking if it was not for this Hunk Of Junk 02 V11 LeMans and a crazy guy here that goes by Docc. :)

You have never rid a real Guzzi til you've rid a loop :oldgit:

There's nothing like barreling along at 100 mph then realizing you need to stop.

But referring to them in the same breath as old Harleys

That's fighting talk 

• Like 2

You have never rid a real Guzzi til you've rid a loop :oldgit:

There's nothing like barreling along at 100 mph then realizing you need to stop.

But referring to them in the same breath as old Harleys

That's fighting talk 

Funny. Good thing his next breath was about Harley's not floating his boat...

Jester - you should visit WildGuzzi to learn more about loops. 

I can imagine a CalVin or LAPD Eldo in my garage one day.

I had an early V700 until the infamous crash & burn.  :rasta:  DON'T use that fuel crossover.  Although Charlie Mullendorf sez they will stop fine, *I* couldn't get that front brake to work. Dorcia loved that bike. Soft ride. Handled..er.. ok. Gave you the feeling it would soldier on to the end of the earth, and probably would.

Think 55 Buick..

Don't know anything about 'Loopers', never owned one, just several Tontis, but if I had the option I'd surely love to try one.

If they can do the same sort of magic as my 50ies 250 TWN can do with 10HP then they're worth the money. What they look like is quite promissing. Try it out before you buy, I heard the Nuovo Falcones aren't that magically gifted for instance.

• 4 months later...

I love my '74 Eldorado. Of all the bikes in my life it is the one I feel most in tune with. It is comfortable. It has enough power. It is easy to work on. I have done several 3000+ trips on it and never felt beat up or apprehensive. I often ride with a four friends and while they have experienced a variety of ECU and expensive repair issues I always make it home without problems. My only criticism of my Eldo is the brakes. It's a tradeoff. I just got a 2002 V11 lemans that I have yet to try out (Maine roads in winter) but I have a feeling it will not be a good fit for me and will be on the market soon.

There is this guy, Paul Van Hooff, who took his v700 from Prudhoe bay to Ushuaia and from Amsterdam to Tokyo.

He has some nice shots on YouTube

https://youtu.be/07VDJXIowz0

and he has a website

Guzzigalore.nl

It shows the unbeatability of the looper.

Verstuurd met Tapatalk

• Like 1