Front Brakes

cash1000

I think it is crafty that you fixed it to where you could extend one piston at a time & clean it up , then go to the next one until you have finished them all .

Thanks. I was having a hard time moving just one piston with various clamps and wedges - so frustration was the mother of invention here. 

As Cabernet mentioned on the last page, I suspect this is a short-term fix, so I'll get a set of seals in.

There's an e-bay seller in the UK called powerhouse-uk that lists an aftermarket seal kit for Moto Guzzi V11 front calipers. They make caliper rebuild kits for many bikes, so I have also inquired about the rear caliper.

If you fiddle with these things remember , NO petroleum products EVER . There is a brake assembly fluid available and you should purchase and use it .

BTW , these caliper pistons and seals are designed to retract to the original position after the master cylinder is released . 

Thanks. I was having a hard time moving just one piston with various clamps and wedges - so frustration was the mother of invention here.

As Cabernet mentioned on the last page, I suspect this is a short-term fix, so I'll get a set of seals in.

There's an e-bay seller in the UK called powerhouse-uk that lists an aftermarket seal kit for Moto Guzzi V11 front calipers. They make caliper rebuild kits for many bikes, so I have also inquired about the rear caliper.

If you get anywhere, give me a PM. I will order yours and for myself, being in the UK and ship your on at a good exchange and shipping rate.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Cycle World website has a just released caliper rebuild video.  BTW brake assembly fluid = plain old brake fluid.

BTW brake assembly fluid = Raybestos BAF-12  

I have used this for more than 20 years .  

Google it .

• 3 months later...