If you couldn't have a spine frame, what Guzzi would you pick?

Motojezek

Just curious, what post-spine bike would you pick? I think at least one Australian has professed appreciation for the 8v Griso. I'm still Guzzi-less, mostly due to having my daily driver 4-wheeler stolen, liability only insurance.

Last year, Moto Guzzi revealed nothing new at EICMA in November. Surely, this year (so close to the 100th anniversary) , they'll be teasing us with something . . .

At this point, the Griso is as close as it gets.

EICMA is coming up soon, maybe some new generation water-cooled Guzzis will be shown. Just no more small blocks, please, unless there's a V7 Baja TT in the works. Looks like there will be more than a few leftover '16 and fake '17 leftover Grisos around at good prices. I paid $8200 for my leftover Sport 1100 in '96 and 2016 Grisos are just a bit more which is hard to believe 21 years later!

EICMA is coming up soon, maybe some new generation water-cooled Guzzis will be shown. Just no more small blocks, please, unless there's a V7 Baja TT in the works.

Right? Surely-to-goodness there will be a modern LeMans?  . . . . a next-gen big block Sport?

I ponder the new small block with some 6 or 7 inch suspension travel (a true "scrambler") or go full-in with a 3 cylinder diesel military bike.

(Not my idea! :notworthy: Ing. Gulio Carcano said it first!)

Well I guess I did the right thing for once, I traded in my greenie for a Griso 2007

I will say one thing though the shock absorber in the rear wheel of the VII works much better than what the Griso has

riding along slow with neutral throttle it bangs and clangs away something awful, its fine under power.

I don't know that i want an 8 Valve though, the thought of that little roller whizzing around the cam would worry me to death LOL

Well I guess I did the right thing for once, I traded in my greenie for a Griso 2007

I like the silver frame/ gray swing arm of the early Grisos much better than the more recent black frame. If I could find an 06/07 model within reasonable distance, I'd probably snag one.

Tough at the moment, I have ridden the 8v Griso and it's a nice bike, so if I didn't have the V11 would be in the mix it was just to similar to the current to change, otherwise rode the V9 Roamer/Bobber and was actually quite impressed so they would be in the mix.  

Too be honest when I got off the test ride and back onto the Greenie it felt like a 250. Ok, maybe a 600 but it felt a lot smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the question was what NEW guzzi would you have. Any guzzi? Lemans mk 1

No, NEW wasn't in the question, besides the VII is not new either.

I think I would settle for an old bacon slicer 500, that would be cool

It has to be post-spine. No going back in time!

The only one I can think of is the V9, but I'm not into the styling. Maybe if they weren't trying so hard for the retro effect.

But then a Stelvio might be cool, if they took about 100 pounds off it.

Just curious, what post-spine bike would you pick?

If it's to replace the spine-frame, it would be a black and white 1200 Sport. Next choice would be a Griso. If it were to go next to a spine-frame, it would be a Stelvio.

• Like 1