Replacement for ITI Speedo

Troutman

So I imported a Cafe Sport from Czech Rep.     Cafe Sport from Czech    and it has a KMH (only) speedo fitted.

931773317d85c1ac458d0f1a9d44256d365a4fb9

To get this bike registered for the first time in the UK it has to have MPH speedo. I've tried to get something to drop in for the MOT but no luck and these gauges are like "hens teeth".

So I have decided after lots of research to go down the replacement route and have opted for a UK company called ETB Instruments. This is the one I have decided on.

I read on here someone else used this company too and was really pleased with them.

80_SP_160_MAG_B_RP-228x228.JPG

I think it will go quite well in the Cafe Sport. 

I have to fit an Acewell S4 sender to make it work..I am having this sent to ETB to make sure it'll work. It's on order so I will use this thread to update my progress in doing this.

John at ETB say's thier Gauges will work without resistors unlike the VDO ones they also sell.

• Like 1

Hi, what size gauge did you opt for please.

80mm to fit where the old one comes out. The total diameter of the bezel for the ETB one is 86.5mm which is 2-3mm less than the ITI one, this means it will fit nicely in the dash without contacting the idiot light nacelle thing.

Biggest problem is the 2 screws at the back of the ITI, they are on rubber dampers, there is no way the ETB speedo is going to have screws exactly where these are so some work required to sort that out. I think that will be the biggest headache by far.

This is the sender unit I bought, it comes from Digital Speedos in the UK and is the 3 wire Daytona unit. It's very similar to the Acewell unit which I couldn't get a 3 wire version of for a number of weeks. John at ETB says it works really well with their speedos (I sent it to them)

daytona-m12-type-m-cable-drive-adapter-p

This is the sender unit I bought, it comes from Digital Speedos in the UK and is the 3 wire Daytona unit. It's very similar to the Acewell unit which I couldn't get a 3 wire version of for a number of weeks. John at ETB says it works really well with their speedos (I sent it to them)

daytona-m12-type-m-cable-drive-adapter-p

TroutMan,

Is this still available?  If so can you post a website through which I can contact them.  I need one of these.

Thanks,

Mike

So my new speedo arrived today and I've had a good look at it. The Wiring seems very straight forward and there is a wee button for toggling through the features, start stop, that sort of thing.

21272288c2c2f858bec777b9954f7888988f54be

This one shows (not very well) the bracket that will push onto the back of your dash for a different way of mounting it.

8399878955b8b315054c94fa21562850aefa239b

Wiring for the speedo on the right, the speed sensor on the left. 

08188805ec62171e6fdc7d993cb2375a5a3247b6

Thought I would weigh them both (old and new)  ITI is 278gms   ETB is 158gms.   interesting weight loss and the old cable will be heavier than the thin wires for this. I know it's not much but at least it's lighter.

• Like 1

You'll probably need new fork springs after saving all that weight.  :grin:

Seriously - that's a good find on that speed sender unit. If I know about that, I would have used it instead of buying a more expensive GPS speedo when I did my Speedhut gauges. Once you verify that it sends a signal from transmission to electronic speedo, maybe you could add it to our Encyclopedia of Compatible Parts?

Will you be able to cover the gauges - or just leave them open underneath the flyscreen?

• Like 2