Replacement for ITI Speedo

Troutman

So it's all finished, not difficult really, I reckon I could do the whole job in an hour now having done it once.

This is the cover back on and the 3 wires on show, the purple is for the button.

4184099494bd2e601f60ae88439e07976a7dee1b

Yellow (Daytona) - Yellow (speedo)

Yellow (Bike bulb) - Green (speedo) - Red (Daytona)

Black  (Bike bulb) - Black (speedo) - Black (Daytona)

Then just push them carefully up into the void.     You could (and I might) cut the bullet connectors out and do a neat solder job with heat shrink for a neater , albeit  permanent job. 

06658515d9adb85a1239830bc51089f10aa8fafc

All done!

347999008befbf13ccac9e1a198586e3287def2a

I noticed the Speedo doesn't illuminate , might have to send it back , ETB are on holiday all next week so it'll have to wait. (It does now that I powered up the cable for it  :homer: )  RTFM!

Probably get the matching tacho too.

This is how the Daytona sensor looks, no need for anything here, it doesn't come into contact with the FI linkage at all.

3994978312e67ece9ba7ccc4e313fbe99de47d1c

I hope this has been useful, it really was easy to do and should be good for a long time. Can't wait to test it out once I get the bike back together.

I noticed my tank rubbing on that plastic shield thing and found the rubbers to be either worn or "modified" I turned them so the cut part is not being used by the tank and it no longer rubs.

6412667326c8308a459ddb80d88d603c131e7318

• Like 1

Nice work. I think that's the most elegant speed sensor I've seen so far.

Those rubber mounts were probably shaved down to get the (swollen) tank to fit. Be prepared for a tight fit when you put the tank back on.

I ended up doing the gauges twice on my LeMans. First time was in a hurry to get registered in California by a deadline, then to get the style how I wanted it. Will ETB produce custom gauge faces? Docc has a great looking set of white faces that look similar to the Veglia originals on the earlier V11s.

I think they would Scud. He mentioned it to me when I ordered mine but I think they would need to do quite a large number (50-100) to make it work. I'll ask when I speak to them next week. 

I might be sending mine back as It doesn't illuminate, I've gone through all the functions and have it set at 100% brightness but only the LED gets brighter! I would have thought it should have a back light don't you? 

" Nice work. I think that's the most elegant speed sensor I've seen so far."..I think so too . Also with the speedo,  there is no holes to drill etc in the cover. 

Just been out for a quick ride to test it and all seems good. I think the speed displayed is near spot on.

I totally love this bike..it handles so well for a heavy lump..definitely  a keeper.

• Like 1

So the backlight issue was my fault of course...didn't read the manual that came with the speedo. I hadn't powered up the backlight (I thought it would be there with main power but you are supposed to connect it to the light switch, which we don't have)

Anyway I powered it from the other bulb wire and it all works fine.

Thought I would take another photo of the speedo in the bike with the cover removed. You can see the wee rubber damper things. The ends of those need to be 82mm from the back of the bezel, it's easy to adjust using the thumbscrews and a small spanner.

47918884720fe2c9e316ad470e1db1bb8e55e372

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Thanks for this magnificent post Troutman ! I'll be getting a different speedometer but your solution for the sender cable is what I was looking for !

:notworthy:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It looks like all my photos have gone because the host must have changed something. (photobox.co.uk)

Anyone got any ideas on how to get them linked back in?. They're still on the site but must have been given a new link or something.

This thread needs the photos..I was really proud of it. :mellow:

UPDATE....I didn't realise I can still edit these old posts...It'll take some time and working out which photos to use but I think I can get it all done soon.

10 mins later all done!  :thumbsup:  ENJOY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2018 at 8:08 AM, Troutman said:

It looks like all my photos have gone because the host must have changed something. (photobox.co.uk)

Anyone got any ideas on how to get them linked back in?. They're still on the site but must have been given a new link or something.

This thread needs the photos..I was really proud of it. :mellow:

UPDATE....I didn't realise I can still edit these old posts...It'll take some time and working out which photos to use but I think I can get it all done soon.

10 mins later all done!  :thumbsup:  ENJOY

Sorry to drag this up! Firstly, nice job (does the ETB Speedo still work?)

Secondly, does the ETB not require permanent live for odometer memory?  The one I just bought has permanent AND switched power.

Cheers.