rear bevel box

shiloh

Hi all, just removed and tore down the rear drive to see why it`s leaking. Pretty easy tear down every things nice and clean, no abnormal ware.

The leak is from a destroyed inner seal, #10

Now for the interesting bit, the big roller cage bearing and circlip, #`s 11 and 12 from the exploded view diagram, are A-wall, I mean not present. There is no evidence that a bearing was ever installed, the surfaces are factory mint! No groove for a circlip either unless its just friction fit?

The bike is a 2000 greenie, and according to the diagram on harpers site they should be present?? The dimensions for said bearing is 40x45x55, yet the space in the housing is only about 20mm high x 55mm dia. Am I missing something???

I`ve checked yrs 2000-2004, they`re all the same.

Help!!

I`ve put a little over a 1k km on it since I got it, Im surprised it didn`t fail.

Maybe I should just buy a complete replacement unit??  450$cnd ouch

WoW !   no bearing at all !!!  With one side of the ring gear flopping around, I would think the box would be destroyed.

Your conscious will have to guide you.

there is no circlip. seal , washer, bearing 

are you sure the bearing did not come out with the ring gear and fall off on the floor or something weird like that ?

inquiring minds want to know.

ya, no Trying to understand why the parts in the topic are missing and why it hasn`t failed because of the parts missing.

If I replace it, it will be for new

WoW !   no bearing at all !!!  With one side of the ring gear flopping around, I would think the box would be destroyed.

Your conscious will have to guide you.

there is no circlip. seal , washer, bearing 

are you sure the bearing did not come out with the ring gear and fall off on the floor or something weird like that ?

inquiring minds want to know.

Only that bearing and what appears to be a circlip that sits on top of the seal are missing, By the looks of things that bearing would be pressed in and there is no signs that any such thing was ever in the box.

I dis-assembled on the bench nothing fell.

Ok just got off the phone with the service tech at harpers, he laughed and cant explain how the box hasnt detinated yet.

The bearing listed wrong dimentions so that clears that up. The circlip is for the crown shaft, thats present.

So tonite I will be ordering all necessary goodies to make this right.

Hopefully it all goes back together as per.

Cheers.

The goods are ordered from Harper`s. (16/10/2017)

Q. I`ve seen no movement on my order, are they usually this slow?, (was hoping to have had he order delivered by now)

I've found it helpful to confirm availability by phone with all the suppliers. It is common for the website to be out of date.

Not sure if shipping into Canada slows things down at the border?