Intermittent starting

vents

The lower is the fuel return. It's pressurised, min. 3bar, so don't turn the ignition on until you have this hose clamp tight again. If you already have, then surely it was an interesting experience anyway :) Those pumps do deliver.

• Like 1

That’s the high pressure fuel return to the regulator. Best to move that clamp onto the regulator’s connector and tighten it appropriately.

• Like 1

Got in a 200 mile ride this weekend and the starting issues were gone . Not sure what fixed the problem but I cleaned up and lubed the bullet connectors , cleaned terminals at the starter and the battery .  Thanks for the suggestions guys .

Got in a 200 mile ride this weekend and the starting issues were gone . Not sure what fixed the problem but I cleaned up and lubed the bullet connectors , cleaned terminals at the starter and the battery .  Thanks for the suggestions guys .

Original post: " . . . sometimes when I hit the starter button then engine spins normally and sometimes I get absolutely nothing ."

That is so characteristic of the "bullet connectors" from the Clutch Switch. 

Cleaning, tightening, and sealing the battery terminals (with petroleum jelly/ Vaseline®) is important/ critical as well!

Glad to hear you are rolling! :nerd: + :luigi: = :race:

• Like 1