Hopes for EICMA 2017/ Guzzi's 100th . . .

docc

Last year, the EICMA thread just didn't go anywhere. Moto Guzzi didn't show us their . . . (new) models or new ideas.

With roughly three years until the 100th Anniversary, one can hope . . .

In a month EICMA will be over.

The only rumors I'm hearing are Japanese.  The Honda Neo Sports and 2 from Kawasaki.  A supercharged ZX14 replacement and a 900 retro bike.  Nothing from any of the euro manufacturers.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see Guzzi bring out some new V9 models.  

Mike

the rumor I saw was some sort of cooling system for the heads , similar I suppose to the BMW twins . Saw that this morning 

. It was a 900cc with development capability up to 1200cc or so they say .  who knows ? 

The Eagle flies high . For EICMA, the guys of Moto Guzzi are preparing a juicy preview of what will be the future of Mandello's brand. Engaged for a long time in the revival of the glorious banner, the Pontedera Group is focusing its efforts to bring back what Italy's two-wheeler is a true symbol and which, for history and tradition, does not fear rivals. A 10-year project that has now reached halfway through its path.

Until now, the range of V7 and V9 air cooled stainless steel stainless steel engines has been refined , in addition to the big cruiser and the monumental MGX-21 . Means that, season after season, have seen improvements in design, finishing and, as they are, they are gaining space on most US markets. Of course there is still room for improvement, but the traced track seems to be on the right track: history, charm, tradition that is renewed, the peculiarities of the current Guzzi. But they are not enough.

PUNTO DI SVOLTA? - Certainty is that today, halfway through the development plan set by the Colaninno Group , it is perhaps ready for a new era in the Guzzi home. And the next EICMA will be a very important bank for the history of Aquila. Certainly the presence of a concept, which the Group men themselves call "revolutionary". The novelty starts with the engine - which will see a potential (1000-1200 cc) capacity - that will have nothing to do with current Big Bore or Small Block and will adopt a mixed cooling system with the head part cooled to liquid while lower air cylinders should remain cool for the cylinders. This will be the engine of the new course, as will be the concept built around it. Swollen stitches obviously on the type of motion, which could simply be a style exercise and that will launch concepts that we will see on the production of the near future. But we can not rule out a model that we will soon see on the market, with the period that seems ripe for a return of a crossover model (demanded by enthusiasts), or even a new and exciting cafe sport , most demanded and that in a brand like Guzzi could find easy shore.

Whatever the novelty is, it is certain that, today as today, there is a need for a dynamic and evolving Guzzi. The road has been traced, now you do not have to see where it will take and wait in the near future, starting next November 7th. EICMA will tell us everything.

• Like 1

Black Oak Arkansas ? OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

How old are you ?

:grin:  that's funny .. I didn't publish my birth date but I'd say I'm about the median age on this forum !  The BOA guys are / were 10 years older than me but I know some of them .

aaeaaqaaaaaaaajcaaaajdnmmzm1nzuyltezzdet

Black Oak Arkansas ? OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

How old are you ?

:grin:  that's funny .. I didn't publish my birth date but I'd say I'm about the median age on this forum !  The BOA guys are / were 10 years older than me but I know some of them .

Y'all crack me up."Go Jim Dandy!!"  :sun:

• Like 1

You know the ( logic ) rules ! It's like a Jimi Hendrix performance . It starts out one place and 10 minutes later it lands back on course w/o missing a beat .

You know the ( logic ) rules ! It's like a Jimi Hendrix performance . It starts out one place and 10 minutes later it lands back on course w/o missing a beat .

See, there? My Guzzi is exactly like that!