The long slow winters of WI

Winter is coming for some of us, I suppose summer is coming for some of us too. So I’m looking for good moto-books, Guzzi or otherwise.

What do you guys recommend?

“The Perfect Vehicle” by Melissa Holbrook (?)

Awesome read

I’ve got the Colombo Guzzi book. Not bad, very informative.

I’ve read a couple of Ed Milich’s books. One part Bukowski one part Kevin Cameron. Again alright.

Been meaning to check out some of Jack Lewis’ books. Anybody check out his stuff?

I enjoyed Honda: The Man and His Machines, by Sol Sanders. It was written in the 1975, so you need to find a used copy. The appendix lists all American Honda products, it takes 2 pages: 31 motorcycles and 5 cars (5 variations of Honda Civic). 

Total Control, by Parks is also good.

I just typed "Motorcycle Biography" into Amazon and got a pretty nice list, including a 2017 book on Steve McQueen, which I decided to buy. McQueen's Motorcycles: Riding and Racing with the King of Cool

Both books by Glen Heggstad (Adventures while motorcycling...both good reads, the 1st better than the 2nd)

Two Wheels Thru Terror

One More Day Everywhere

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=glen+heggstad

Another well told story...no motorcycling involved, but lots of travel and adventure:

In the Footsteps of Marco Polo (there's also a 1.5 hour Youtube documentary...well worth watching)

One Man Caravan by Robert Fulton - another good read (Moto Adventures)

Does this HAVE to be two wheel subject only ?

No, I guess it doesn’t.

@ PJPR, I have read Two Wheels Through Terror. Amazing story!

Some great suggestions, some that I’d forgotten the titles but wanted to read. Thanks guys. Keep em coming

I'll re-suggest this one by LowRyter on another thread. About Ernst Degner:

There's a really well written book  "Stealing Speed" about Ernst' defection and betrayal of his mentor, Walter Kaaden.

Part spy, part racing, part heartbreak, part tech and innovation of two stroke bikes.

https://www.amazon.c...t/dp/1844259757