Lemans MK3 oil leak advice

pco27

Hey....Well I sold my Scura and just picked up a MK3 Lemans (traded down!) its original 66k old school is cool :)

Only thing(s) are nice healthy oil leak after its first shakedown ride (previous owner didnt get out of 3rd gear for years). I have traced it back to the hoses that come from the top of the gearbox housing and go into the frame. As well the breather hose from the frames toptube seems to be dripping a good amount. I have tightened them all up which may be the solution just checking in here to see it others have any advice.

Also do we check the oil with the dipstick screwed in??? On my RGS Laverda one checks the oil with the dipstick not screwed in.......

Pics to come when once I have tricked it out!! 

cheers

Ross

Mostly it was loose hoses and having not been ridden for a while.

ALSO the airbox is no longer there and one breather house (close to the headset/toptube would normally reside in the airbox.

That hose sorted and cleaned and we are looking allot less drippy :)

Hey....Well I sold my Scura and just picked up a MK3 Lemans (traded down!) its original 66k old school is cool :)

Only thing(s) are nice healthy oil leak after its first shakedown ride (previous owner didnt get out of 3rd gear for years). I have traced it back to the hoses that come from the top of the gearbox housing and go into the frame. As well the breather hose from the frames toptube seems to be dripping a good amount. I have tightened them all up which may be the solution just checking in here to see it others have any advice.

Also do we check the oil with the dipstick screwed in??? On my RGS Laverda one checks the oil with the dipstick not screwed in.......

Pics to come when once I have tricked it out!! 

cheers

Ross

Yes the oil is checked with the  dipstick screwed in, and do not over fill or it will tend to blow the oil out the breather hose