Reconditioning tank pad

griswoia

I would like to get rid off mine. Maybe replace it with something made out if sheet steel. I've found it a nuisinace when mounting tank bags. I would what the replacement one to be a lot flatter. It would need someone with good skills in working with sheet steel. Any ideas anyone?

if you do get rid of it, I would consider purchasing it. I've seen Tenni's equipped with both & I like the pad over painted.

I have the Guzzi tank bag. It works fine.

Me too. But on my recent trip to Phoenix, I had it fully expanded and packed with heavy stuff. On the way home, there were severe crosswinds and I was constantly pushing it back up onto the tank. Admittedly, that was an extreme situation, but I do think the bag would be more stable in all situations without the pad.

Oh. I've never done that. I can see where that would be a PITA.

Hi Marty

Thanks for the offer. I will contact you.

My thoughts would be to lower it so its flat and is flush with level of the tank and fuel door and get it painted. Doesn't need to be magnetic so Aluminuim alloy would be fine.I use a Givi tankbag that's attached to the outer ring of the fuel door. Replacing the pad how I describe would lower the tank bag and make it easier to ride with.

• Like 1

Well, flying around the TT you had to lay your head down at least once on the straightaways just to pray.

The good news is on that Norton Manx you also had a good chance of winning.