Adjusting height on the gear lever?

Guest mcloutier

Guest mcloutier

Is there any way to adjust the height of the gear lever on a 02' Le Mans? After looking at the mechanism I couldn't see any easy way. Anyone else out there wearing a notch into their frame from down shifting?

Michael Cloutier

02' Le Mans

Moses Lake, WA

Guest jlburgess

I'm wearing a spot in the side plate above the chrome nut because I seem to pick my foot up off the peg because the shift lever is a bit high (in reality my pegs are lower). I just put red electrical tape over the side plate to prevent any damage. Works great and it's not even noticable.

I don't have the original gear shift mechanism because I installed the Guzzi adjustable footrest kit, but I'd think you could adjust the length of the shift rod on the original set up. No???

Guest mcloutier

Can you tell me more about the foot rest kit. What adjustments are there etc.. Any other advantages?

Thanks,

Michael Cloutier
02' Le Mans
Moses Lake, WA

Guest jlburgess

The pegs can be rotated on an eccentric about 3/4" in any direction. It's not a lot, but can help get long legs into the fuel tank cutouts.

You can adjust the stock lever height by lenghtening/shortening of an adjustable tie rod on your gearshift lever linkage.

You have also two positions on the top of your triangular lever which change your foot lever stroke length.

Guest mcloutier

After looking at the adjuster rod I figured out that it was for height. For some reason I thought it would affect the throw. Duh. Unfortunately it was already at it's max extension. What I had to do was take off the starter cover then remove one of the pipe clamps that is holding on the bracket for the cover. Then I was just barely able to get my wrench on the compression clamp that holds the mechanism on the splined shaft of the tranny. Removed it and moved it up one notch. Much better now.

Michael Cloutier

Moses Lake, WA

02' Le Mans

Talk to your dealer who sold you the bike and misaligned or neglected to check the controls at pre-delivery set up.

You paid for this set up dearly and deserve to have it done properly.