Re-engineering the Shift Spring

Scud

IMG_7482.jpg

We have springs. I measured everything against Chuck's drawing and they seem to be correct. The cut edges are a bit rough, but a few strokes on a mill file will take care of that.

Now I need to figure out a little package to ship them in and come up with some final prices for you guys. I'll work on that, and install one in my spare pre-selector as a final check.

• Like 4

USPS priority small box should be just under the $6.00, and the boxes are free from the post office.

Honestly, I think you guys should try to make some money from this for all of your time and effort. And if it saves others from having a spring break, it's totally worth paying extra for...just ask those who had a spring break on them.

Ken

• Like 2

IMG_7482.jpg

We have springs. I measured everything against Chuck's drawing and they seem to be correct. The cut edges are a bit rough, but a few strokes on a mill file will take care of that.

Now I need to figure out a little package to ship them in and come up with some final prices for you guys. I'll work on that, and install one in my spare pre-selector as a final check.

Excellent scudd, if possible I'll take I dont know maybe around 15 or 20 and people on this side of the pond can contact me and I can forward them on to ease the shipping hassle for you, if you have enough of course.

Ciao 

• Like 1

I'm probably going to buy some tiny boxes from U-Line. I was concerned about the 90-degree bend poking through an envelope. Kind of busy with work and other stuff around the house. Will get this organized as soon as possible. If anybody has a tranny open or breaks a spring, let me a know - I can ship a few immediately if needed.

OK Chuck - I've got 100 3x5x1 inch boxes on the way. I send you five springs to abuse, install, or regift. I'll also send five to Docc to install or use as party-favors at the next spine raid. I should be able to send these out by the weekend. I'll factor those no-charge springs into the unit cost for everybody else.

Then I'll know how much the postage is (hoping I can just do this with stamps to make it easy). Then I can give everybody a final price along with ordering instructions.

Czakky gets a bonus gift with purchase: a free cupped washer for his steering damper.

• Like 3

I have to review my various messages to see who was interested in taking a batch in which countries. I'll assume your question is an expression of interest to take a batch into the UK.

I'm interested in 2.  Won't  there be a formal method for payment and receiving address?

Frank