Re-engineering the Shift Spring

Scud

Thanks Tim, I sent an order for 2 per PayPal...

Hi  Tim:

I've sent a Paypal payment for 2 springs. 

Frank Long

I have a consignment of springs coming to NZ.

The 6 kiwi guys who preordered from me will hear from me in 2 - 3 weeks.

I will have some spares hangng  on a nail in the attic for those that enjoy the thought of riding home in second gear.

:thumbsup:

Thanks to Tim and Chuck for making this happen.

:notworthy:

For those fresh to this topic, this spring supersedes the troublesome gearbox shift spring (Guzzi part number GU 04238300) in the six speed V11. If you have this bike, and you don't want to do roadside repairs, you might want to consider buying and fitting this spring.

Here is the problem with tab being too long. The spring in the background stays fixed against a post when the lever moves, and the little tab on our spring hits it. 

IMG_7584.jpg

Here is a chopped one, which clears it. It could even be a little shorter - the thickness of the steel is 0.15" (gosh it just seems wrong to not use metric).

IMG_7585.jpg

And here is how my dirt-biker shop works (compare to previous images of Chuck's shop). But this little scissor clamp on a dirt bike service stand made it possible to chop 150 springs in less than an hour. I used three clamps and just squeezed the spring in with one hand while cutting with the other.

IMG_7587.jpg

Thanks, everyone for coming through on the spring orders and payments. I'm enjoying the comments in the PayPal notes and messages, but not replying to all of them. Just packed up 16 boxes... most with multiple springs. Still have plenty of springs left.

• Like 1

Another rant deleted  :angry2: 

All I"ll say is it's hard to get good help any more.. :)  Thanks for bailing them out, Scud..the springs will Shirley be fine.  :rasta:

Looking into hi-jacking a Lear jet and stealing a Bentley to come out and buy you a beer, Scud. :bier:

Coming back through Indiana . . . :drink:

• Like 1

Yer always welcome here at the 36-18 home for wayward aviators B&B, Docc..  :)

I had to google "36-18" and got:

"Admissibility of evidence relating to use of genetic markers." :unsure:

Pretty sure that will link me to the Lear jet. Probably the Bentley, too . . . :blink:

Yer always welcome here at the 36-18 home for wayward aviators B&B, Docc..  :)

I had to google "36-18" and got:

"Admissibility of evidence relating to use of genetic markers." :unsure:

Pretty sure that will link me to the Lear jet. Probably the Bentley, too . . . :blink:

Lear jet? Piker. If you want to know whether somebody has money, just check to see if they have a helicopter.  :oldgit:

Crappy sell fone picture through the bedroom window.

25720669927_07248328eb_c.jpg2018-03-03_07-45-42 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

It was one of my better projects. Municipal runway light that I gave 40 bux for.. :grin:  It had a humongous transformer in it that had blown up. Lowes had a garden light kit with a timer/transformer for $29.99. Made a couple of light holders for halogen lights, and it's been our night light for years. Just happened to be correct for our runway..

• Like 1

All the orders I got as of yesterday are on the way. I have tracking numbers, so if you don't see the package in a reasonable amount of time let me know.

Still have lots of springs. Order details are on the previous page.

• Like 1