Re-engineering the Shift Spring

Scud

This effort, and this thread documenting the effort, stands as an extraordinary example of community, collaboration, and caring that speaks so beyond "just some spring."

Chuck, Scud, and the whole supportive V11 community . . .

"You", you guys, all of you, "You are very good, You!"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It most certainly is.    Thanks, Buddy.

Here ya go, Jim.. this thread explains the Lucky Phil extender and blueprinting the transmission preselector.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19547&page=1

Rosie will love you for it.. :oldgit:

Scud and Chuck,  do you think this thread should pinned (but left unlocked) in "Frequently asked Questions" to ensure it remains visible for archiving?

Scud and Chuck,  do you think this thread should pinned (but left unlocked) in "Frequently asked Questions" to ensure it remains visible for archiving?

As long as there are still springs available it's a definite yes!

Fine by me. I should probably post the spring in the "En-cycle-pedia of Compatible Parts" too. I just got an order for 4 springs to the UK and still have a bunch.

• Like 1

I tried to archive this thread in FAQ, but the move failed after 469 posts (posts have to be moved individually. I ran out of beer three times . . .) I'm not willing to risk losing this thread, so aborted my attempt to archive it in FAQ.

So, here it stays, in Technical Topics:

One of the greatest threads, and greatest collaborations, in V11LeMans.com history! :thumbsup::nerd::luigi::mg:

• Like 1

I would think it would be more accessible in the FAQ. If you look now, you'll see several instances of shift spring failure, but nothing saying it has been fixed..

Someone thinking about a V11 might just say, "Uh oh. They are *still* doing that? Nevermind.." 

If the whole thread goes away, it wouldn't be a great loss to American literature..  :oldgit: and you wouldn't run out of beer pinning something. 

Edit: I see you pinned it while I was typing. You work fast, Docc.. 

• Like 2

For now, I'll leave it pinned, and open to posting, here in TechTopics. 

Hopefully, searches will find it most easily this way.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Chuck and Scud for all your work on this issue.

I received the springs (2) for my 2004 V11 from Scud (had broken third spring in about 12,000 miles, and had 15mm correct arm from new, some broke at coil and at end). Thanks Scud for effort to get spring to me in time for the long weekend. I  installed about 3 weeks ago, and now have about 1500 miles on the new spring.

Shifts great, everything works as normal. Working to get more miles on these next few weeks.

• Like 2