IGNORED

Re-engineering the Shift Spring

Thanks Chuck and Scud for all your work on this issue.

I received the springs (2) for my 2004 V11 from Scud (had broken third spring in about 12,000 miles, and had 15mm correct arm from new, some broke at coil and at end). Thanks Scud for effort to get spring to me in time for the long weekend. I  installed about 3 weeks ago, and now have about 1500 miles on the new spring.

Shifts great, everything works as normal. Working to get more miles on these next few weeks.

• Like 2
  • Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just talked with the guys at the spring company. It seems their manufacturing tolerances are not quite as tight as Chuck's experience. However, we have sorted it out and they are making a new batch of

Yeah, grumble about the bit being too long (but that's better than too short).  However, there's no way I'm sending out any springs that cannot be installed as-is. While I appreciate the offers of hel

Anywhere someone is allowed to express their opinion. While we think of this as detrimental it's actually a key component of crowdsourcing. If you get enough people expressing their perspective you wi

Posted Images

Cool... and are we seriously over 550 posts on this thread? Wow.

Hello Scud

Is iT still possible to order the spring? For the Netherlands too?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

Yes. I just sent you a message.

• 1 month later...

Hi Scud

Wondering whether you have any springs left?  Been away from the forum for quite a while & have only now caught up with shift spring saga.  I have a 2004 V11 Ballabio.  Spring is OK at present, but no doubt it WILL break sometime.  Thanks to you & others who contributed to developing a solution for this problem.

Cheers.

Yes, I still have some springs. I sent PMs to Joe and Nick. If anybody else needs spring, just send me a message and I'll give you the payment details.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I still have some springs. I sent PMs to Joe and Nick. If anybody else needs spring, just send me a message and I'll give you the payment details.

Are you in any of the Guzzi Facebook groups?

• 4 weeks later...

Are you in any of the Guzzi Facebook groups?

No, I don't use Facebook for anything.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

An update. I've sent a total of 53 boxes (22 of those outside the USA) - containing 133 springs.

I have about 20 springs remaining.

• Like 2