IGNORED

Re-engineering the Shift Spring

11 hours ago, po18guy said:

Is that marinara sauce in the trans??? Or just a red-blooded Guzzi?

My Greenie looked like that . After five days of running for 10 minutes and oil changes every day , it cleared up . 

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just talked with the guys at the spring company. It seems their manufacturing tolerances are not quite as tight as Chuck's experience. However, we have sorted it out and they are making a new batch of

Yeah, grumble about the bit being too long (but that's better than too short).  However, there's no way I'm sending out any springs that cannot be installed as-is. While I appreciate the offers of hel

Woulda been helpful, right Chuck?   I had a customer that became... in my opinion, ridiculously obsessed that his v11 cafe sport spring was *going to break* because of allllllllllllll the wrong ass

Posted Images

13 hours ago, po18guy said:

Is that marinara sauce in the trans??? Or just a red-blooded Guzzi?

You guessed it, a little bit of both.  Red Line Marinara seasoned with Italian Gootsie blood. 

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Tom in Virginia said:

You guessed it, a little bit of both.  Red Line Marinara seasoned with Italian Gootsie blood. 

That blood-red beauty should not be hidden. I wonder if a clear Lexan cover could be made???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

My spring packed it i  today leaving me in 3rd all the way home. This is my second broken spring. Are there any of these new ones available still?

[docc-edit: @Scud @Chuck ]

• Like 1

Yup, I've got plenty. Still just $10 each plus shipping to wherever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, guzzijek said:

Thanks Scud and Chuck for getting these springs manufactured. Hopefully this cures the spring issue for good.

Companion thread:

10 hours ago, guzzijek said:

Thanks Scud and Chuck for getting these springs manufactured. Hopefully this cures the spring issue for good.

I'm cautiously optimistic. :oldgit: They've been in service long enough by now that if they were going to break, we'd have heard of at least one..

Unlike the OEM design, the spring calculator says they "shouldn't" break. :rasta:

• Like 2

I was thinking about that too, Chuck. As far as these springs go, no news is good news. I have not heard of any failures yet either.

• Like 2