Larry Klein of GT Motors

nobleswood

I know this is posted on WildGuzzi but as a non forum friend passed the information on to me, I thought I'd post it here so we all get a look.

This is the link to the Auction house. I've only had a quick look but I thought there were 3 V11 Sports in there.

http://braunandhelmer.com/?es_feed_target=http%3A//www.GoToAuction.com/feed/es_c1002.php%3Fes_id%3D1333%26id%3D43601%26feed_type%3D200%26es_cfid%3D3522

They come from overseas quite often nowadays, who knows.

I bought a '38 Universal from a chap like him. The entire house was packed with bikes. Bedroom, kitchen, garden. Wife long gone of course. She probably was afraid of ending in an auction like the one above.

• Like 1

There's a lot of nice stuff. The mileage on some of the machines indicates they had hardly been used.

I didn't see anywhere that indicated bids would be taken over the internet. Its all cash or check.

It would be fun just to go and see........but auctions are dangerous places. One minute your thinking to yourself ' That V11 is only going for that much !!!!!!!' Next you're explaining to your wife how you have another 'fixer-upper'

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday at the auction, the Greenie went for $3000, which surprised me. I was thinking that it would go for twice that as earier a Ducati gas tank went for $2000 & the dealer signs were going for stupid money as well.

My mate, who currently has a V7 Racer, the one with the chrome tank & brown leather seat, picked up the 2006 red Griso which surprised him, for $5000. He was somewhat in shock for hours !

IMG_0345.JPG

• Like 1

Good deals to be had for the knowledgable attendees. And stupid money for the last piece needed to finish a restoration, or nostalgia/decoration items... that sounds about right.

I'd be willing to look at more pictures...

Wow. I didn't know that was a "new" bike. Probably went to the dealer with 13 miles - or it got pushed around for a cumulative 13 miles. Your friend is STOKED!

Yes he was/is very happy !

I wasn't sure that I was going to go but he was the tipping force that pushed me to drive the 3 hours each way. Telling me that he's really interested in the V11's. Mind you he has one of the new V7 Racers with the chrome tank, leather seat & glorious sounding Agostini pipes. As a justification we said the worst that could happen 'was it's an adventure', which getting there was with a really dangerous storm on the drive.

On the way my mate tells me he's never been to an auction before. I try to give him an idea of what to expect & how not to loose your head in the excitement of bidding...

At the auction as well as the Griso there was the Greenie, new & shiney & two 2002 V11 LeMans' both needing only minor parts to get them on the road. Two 1100 Sports, a 1984 LeMans 850, the ones that I'd see the dispatch riders in London racing around on that were soo desirable & the memory of which brought me back to Moto Guzzi. Then a 1987 LeMans 1000. Yes there were many others but those were the ones I had my eye on.

The bidding starts with some gas tanks, BSA, Norton, Guzzi & Ducati, mostly reasonable prices but one new in the box Ducati tank went for $2250 ! It's an auction, the prices are all over the place, too high for banners & dealers metal signs. So by the time we come to the bikes we couldn't tell what was going to go for what. A 1969 Triumph T120 went for $6500. Mind you most of these bikes had no title. Then a 1969 Velocette Venom $7000. A 1972 Honda CB750 $3250. A 1975 Honda 400/4 $2500. A 1979 Moto Morini 500. Brand new only had a statement of origin $4750 ! A 1978 Ducati 500 Sport 9 miles $7000.

Then the Guzzi's came up; I'm looking at the catalog & realise that my friend is bidding; not on the V11's but on the Griso! I couldn't talk to him mid way through, in the heat of battle, just had to let him do his thing

Turns out he had seen the Griso & decided that was the object of his desire, immaculate & untouched. That the V11's needed more work that he was able to do, but hadn't mentioned it. The guy he was bidding against happened to have the same upper limit $5000, but he was the one with the last bid . Blair was in shock for the next 5 hours. Ha !