Fork Seals

cash1000

I need to replace fork seals as one is leaking.

I've cant remove the caps because I can't access the blue hexagonal rod. The forks have been revalved and resprung using Racetech parts so inner parts of forks probably not original. The preload pipe can't be pulled away from the cap so you can get a spanner on it but you can see the blue rod through a hole in the spacer.

There is a bolt with an 8mm hex head that screws vertically into the base of the fork leg. Undoing it maybe the solution. This doesn't appear on Guzzi parts diagram.

Has anyone got any suggestions how I remove the cap?

002a.jpg

I get the idea. I've got everything here to make this so should be good.

Doc - maybe new springs are a lot firmer than originals.

"Firmer" springs are probably good! :thumbsup:

Spring to strong for amazon home made spring compressor.

Got a trip away this weekend so not got time to get racetech spring compressor so had to take forks to bike shop to change seals & oil. :(

The Racetech tool would be good to get if a few V11 owners got together and shared cost. Anyone in NZ interested? 

• 2 weeks later...

I took my Ohlins forks to my local Ducati dealer for new fork seals. They charged me for 1 hour of labor plus parts, and I had them back within a few hours the same day. Bringing them in the off season also helped speed up the process.

If you have the time and ability, by all means build your own tool and fix them yourself. I do not have the time, but possibly the ability.  :huh2:

Ken