IOM bike help

rich46

I'm in hopes that someone can help with a bike we're building for the Manx next year.  The motorbike is all but finished and we're in the process of doing the plumbing and wires.  I have two questions:

Does anyone know the threads for the oil pressure sender in the block ?  We plan on using a big light but are also going to set it up so we can use a gauge for testing at least.

I'm also looking for the best (color would be nice) wire diagram so we can sort out the basic wiring.  What I want to do is make sure I keep the color code OEM so when the bike leaves my hands someone down the line can trouble shoot a problem.

Thanks and Cheers

Richard

Does anyone know the threads for the oil pressure sender in the block ?

12 x 1.5.  You can use a 12 x 1.5 to NPT adapter so you can fit all kinds of standard stuff after that.

Thanks for your inputs,

Sorry but I have not really kept a record of my projects other than my working build sheets.

The rider would most likely be Wade Boyd  (about 50 IOM starts)  We raced a F-I GSXR in the Manx two years ago.  The Guzzi I am working on had gotten delayed because I managed to toss my V11 into a hedge a year ago and spent some time in hospital and then rehab.  Now back at work on the Guzzi project.  The bike was build to race vintages classes that are or are similar to Formula I, 1200cc , carbureted, twin cylinder.  It is a square head V 11, in a Tonti frame.

We have also put together a early '80's VFR 400 that was build for the New Comer's Race on the Island.  And; just so you don't think we're just sitting around how about an R-6 to run at Daytona this year  attempting to be the oldest finishers in the top 15 of the 200 miler.

Again thanks for the info I really thought that I was looking for BSP or some such I'd never heared of before.  LOL I was making it harder than it was.

Cheers

Richard

• Like 1

Hey Swoosh,

Will try and get a few pictures.  I worked most of my life on race cars so it's kind of out of what I would regularly do.  That said no reason not to take a few pics.  Give me a little time to learn how to make my  phone camera work and I'll be glad to.  Just the Guzzi or the whole wrenched mess ?

Cheers

Uploading nice sized photos can be a pita on the forum. Email them and I or others can post. Several of us have good img hosts. I'll pm my address if you go that route. Do we wanna see a Guzzi racer built by a member? :P::food: yeah!

Wade Boyd is a colorful chap and a great rider.

• Like 1

Footgoose,

Yea,  just saw Wade this morning.  Did a crazy-man run up our west coast Highway 1 in the pouring rain.  Stopped and had breakfast so we see a fellow  who has a flat tracker that was once raced in SoCal by ; I think @#$$#! Mann and Hacking.  Bike is a Champion framed single cam Honda 750/4.  I find that he will sponsor us to the bike and put together an engine for us to do the west coast AHMRA events.   Yep I'll send pics of this thing also but remember this one is coming to me in an oil soaked wicker container and since it was raced has gone through two other life forms. Flat Tracker>Road Racer>Street Bike>Basket Stuffer.

By the way if you would like to see and hear about our last IOM adventure try going to holly@agilepooch.com and you can  ferret out the whole bloody Manx GSXR event from a few years ago.

Cheers

Rich

• 2 months later...

Hello to you all,

Thought I'd give you folks an up date on the Manx Moto Guzzi project. 

Bike is just about ready to fit the full fairing (Airtech has helped with choosing one that fits) and then we'll paint everything.  Once the fitting is finished we'll pull the bodywork back off for paint and take the machine to Mark Saliberg  (Factory Pro. Tunning Northern California) to have the dyno work done.

We are planning on racing our Yamaha R-6 in the 200 and if we can find a class we'll try and race the Guzzi on Sundays races.

Last time at Daytona we had driven straight through from California and Wade Boyd had been part of that.  By the end of the race on Saturday he was pretty much shot.  This year Wade will fly in and meet us there Thursday; hopefully bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to go 200 miles.

Anyway thanks again for your help last time I called out.  I'll try and keep the updates coming.

Cheers

• Like 1