Mystery Hoses & AWOL Fastener

Bill Hagan

Good morning.

I posted similar query on Guzzitech, but no one has responded, so, while hardly a spine, thought that someone in this august body --  :grin: -- might take a swag.

So, despite my staring at exploded parts catalog -- http://www.motointernational.com/uploads/pdf/moto-guzzi/2016v7iistornellopartscatalog.pdf, I cannot ID the two hoses, more or less visible on right side of this pic from looking up my V7 II Stornello's skirt.  Yes, I assume vents from tank or battery, but not sure if so or which is which.  

Front to right; rear to left.

More interestingly, after taking that pic, I noticed the hole with a filled twin at rear (left)!

More unsuccessful staring at exploded parts.  :huh2: 

I'm in Atlanta and thus can't walk 604 miles down to the Moto Grappa to get a better look.

Any ideas what that is about?

i-Rr32vVQ-L.jpg

Grazie,

Bill

P.S.  I do love this little beast.  :bike:  :mg:

i-czLQVDt-L.jpg

You can't follow the hoses up? I bet one is a fuel tank vent and the other might be the gearbox breather?

It's not kosher to have engine breathers open and it won't be the battery because you probably have a sealed AGM battery?

• Like 1

Thanks all.

Incredibly, I have been back from Atlanta for a day and have not been able to break away from Simone Legree doppelganger Kathi and her Perpetual Task List long enough to escape to the garage.  Lordy, yesterday and today, it's Christmas decorating.  If she wasn't such a sweet Polish Princess and Perfect Pillion 99% ... uhm ... 95%  :whistle: of the time, I'd mutiny.  :grin:

Anyway, I appreciate (almost :P ) all of the comments.  I did get a response elsewhere on the "AWOL fastener" and gratuitous companion hole.  For whatever comfort it is, at least mine is not the only Stornello with the same set-up.

Back to "Ho Ho Ho!"   :xmas:

Bill

Wish I knew.  No time for Guzzi stuff.  Am enslaved by The Head Elf.  :xmas:

So, having my allowed coffee ration before going outside again to curse Christmas lights, extension cords, and related challenges.   :bbblll:

Am sure there are colder places on this planet just now, but this is cold enough for me.   :ninja:

i-kpVqpHQ-M.jpg

For anyone puzzled by the "set to" temp, that is for the auxiliary forced-air heat in the event the closed-system-water radiant heat embedded in the floor fails.   :(

And, yes, while I usually dote on my Polish Princess, her DNA and growing up in Erie, Pa., mean that she thinks a house at 63 is subtropical and a shameful sop to the weak ... like me.  :D  

Anyway, aside from thinking 63F is too warm for the house, she is also frugal.  We ended up with some extra sugar packets at McDonalds last week when we took coffee to Mom at the nursing home.  What does my Perfect Polish Pillion do with those?  See pic.  :whistle:

i-2Dm4QST-M.jpg

So, hope to know answer to what those hoses are -- but very sure they are as described by responders here.  The "missing" fastener seems to be "how they all are."  

Bill

• Like 1

∆∆∆∆

I need more than a hug, but none of you is n my hugger list! ;-)

The details of my OP Have to wait a bit longer.

Up at 0320. Drove to BWI. Sitting at gate now. Got cheap seats to Moline via DTW, so last to board and I have already spotted the two corpulent in sweatsuits I am likely doomed to sit between.

Ciao!

Bill

I feel your pain.  :grin:  One time, I sat in the very back row of a Fokker RJ out of Burlington Vt. The bulkhead slants fwd so you can't lean back at all, and the guy next to me took up his seat and mine. 

Maybe they won't sweat too bad.. :huh2: