Anybody recondition a Tenni leather seat?

FreyZI

Just have it reupholstered. If it's not real suede make it real suede...lol I redid mine in alcantera and added red stitching . Not everyone's cup of tea but I think it's bad ass..

FB_IMG_1494297645344_zps0gt9on5f.jpg

Looks great, Rox. I have a lead on an Amish guy/upholsterer a half-hour or so away that does good work, cheap. Unfortunately, my motorcycle work productivity is going to be pretty low the next couple weeks as I concentrate on actual work productivity.  :nerd:

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I have appeased my interest.  Took the seat to the upholsterer today and he confirmed that it is indeed genuine leather.  Unfortunately, despite my calling ahead and explaining my project to someone there, they've stopped working in leather because they had to buy whole hides. So, back to the drawing board.  He did recommend some products, in the SEM Surecoat line.  I'll probably give them a shot (and ruin my seat's nice patina).

yes, totally following! I want to know how it turns out. Up dates appreciated. :thumbsup:

and the lingering question... what is the "imitation special saddle?"

Rox... do you have a better pic of your lovely seat handy?

This is the alcantera. I got it for the same reason the other gent said. The upholsterer wanted me to buy a whole hide. However thankfully I got the alcantera. Don't have to worry about getting it wet. It's softer and lighter than suede and your butt sticks to it in the corners. I love it...

20171226_150549_zpsxounegm9.jpg

20171226_150556_zpsylumy6rs.jpg

The Alcantara seat on the LeMans looks great! :thumbsup:

I really (really) want to recontour and recover the Sport seat in "bomber jacket" leather.

Sounds like I could end up with a "whole hide" and gradually resurface my entire life in "bomber jacket" leather . . . :rolleyes:

Sweet seat Rox. From my house it looks like the "suede" on my Tenni seat. I'm tracking you on the weather proof aspect, And the butt-sticks-to-itness. Did you use the stock cushion? Reshaping/alterations? This thread has me inspired to get my long desired seat done.

Docc, that bomber jacket leather hide might be something to share :whistle:

• Like 1

The Alcantara seat on the LeMans looks great! :thumbsup:

I really (really) want to recontour and recover the Sport seat in "bomber jacket" leather.

Sounds like I could end up with a "whole hide" and gradually resurface my entire life in "bomber jacket" leather . . . :rolleyes:

So Docc, you could just cut a hunk off a 'presumably worn out or too small, or otherwise useless' jacket, as I did a few years back for my DR650. This is a piece of the sleeve. The stitching is just what was on the sleeve and oriented to look intentional. This particular leather piece is too thin for a durable, quality seat, but fun and easy.

IMG_0498.JPG

• Like 1