Silent Hektik Coils

rich46

Hello All,

Still putting the finishing bits on the IOM V 11 and I have a question regarding the Silent Hektik coils.  We're using the one coil one cylinder arrangement with the S/H coils and ignition.

My question is: the two leads go  to the coils that are configured  in a "T" pattern which is pos. and which is neg.?

Also sneaking in a second question:  the S/H ignition requires resistor plugs.  As I get ready  to take the bike to the dyno shop (Mark at Factory Racing) what plugs and heat ranges have you all had the best luck with.  I would like to take a good selection of plugs along with me so Mark has what he needs right there and doesn't need to go running around looking for a special plug.

Again thanks to you all for your help and input.

Cheers

Rich

I have always just used the factory recommended BPR6ES plugs.

Sorry I have no input on the first question.

Sorry cannot help but thanks for introducing me to Silent Hektic. I did the usual internet trawl.

https://www.silent-hektik.de

In German, internet translation OK. They even have a complete fuel injection kit for carb Guzzis!

http://www.motoguzzisales.co.uk/Silent%20Hektik.htm

In English, good write up and PDF fitting instructions, although these could do with proof reading by a native English speaker.

Had to go back and look, did not notice that banner before. Still one can expect an ignition systems seller to be shocking.

'The European Union is the future'

'The Nationalists are the past'

In our house my wife is rabidly pro Brexit. I felt neither side put up a good arguement so why change? Our 17 year old son thinks we should stay in and suggests his generation will rejoin once the old folk have died off!

• Like 1

Parts - looks like a good company to keep in mind. Wasn't somebody looking for an alternator recently? It seems they have one for Guzzi and BMW.

Politics - Germany in the 1930s is the country the world studies to try to prevent extreme nationalism from taking hold. I can understand why some German businesses feel compelled to take sides today. I have some opinions and enjoy talking politics in person, but on this forum, I'd rather talk parts than politics.

• Like 1

I shouldn't have turned over that rock.

No worries. Lots of political rocks around these days. Hard to avoid them all. 

Back to Rich... wish I could help. I don't have experience with anything but stock ignition parts. Gosh, last time I installed a non-stock ignition part was an electronic distributor to replace one with points. I think that was in the 1980s. Hot shit, that electronic ignition was...

It's interesting enough that politics must be strictly avoided nowadays, otherwise all social relations would go tits up.

Yeah, and it's not really new. A while back, I was wondering where the advice to not talk about religion and politics originated. This is the earliest quote I could find in English (did not attempt to search for similar ideas in other languages).

“Do not discuss politics or religion in general company. You probably would not convert your opponent, and he will not convert you. To discuss those topics is to arouse feeling without any good result.”  Thomas E Hill, 1883. Hill's Manual of Social and Business Forms: A guide to correct writing. Chicago, IL: Hill Standard Book Co.

• Like 1

I've seen similar statements based on a comparison with one's Willy, don't show it around, don't hold it against children etc.

Quite funny these quotes, the right thing for those who can't see a difference between populism and democracy.

• Like 1