Where can I buy a roper plate

Ian

I’m having fun getting to know my newly acquired 04 V11 Sport. Not ridden it yet because they started salting the roads here as soon as she arrived but I’ve got her stripped down for a thorough check over and service.

I’ve not found anything untoward yet apart for some scratches on the front wheel rim which has resulted in both wheels coming off to be powder coated. What’s interesting to me is that the bike looks like it has never had any maintenance in its 9000 mile life, other than a standard scheduled service at the dealers (stamped book, receipts and clean oil are testament to this). How do I know? Well there are little clues like no wrench marks on fastener heads, no grease on the axles, no lube on the gearshift linkage, no lube on the lever pivots or cables, no lube on the sidestand pivot. Everything completely dry!. Other than the scratches on the wheels the bike is pristine. It looks like it has never been wet, there is no road grunge in the nooks and crannies and no sign of corrosion anywhere. I’m not used to this coming from the UK where buying a used bike is usually followed by a full strip down and VERY intensive deep clean de-grunge that can take a few days to complete

Overall I’m very very pleased with it and I’m enjoying getting to know the bike better as I get her fettled for next year.

Anyway, after the long introduction I could do with your advice please on where to buy a roper plate. From reading through this truly excellent forum it seems like a no brainer to fit one while I’ve got her apart. Any help appreciated

Sounds like you've found a good bike, and the bike found a good owner. The great thing (among many) about the V11 is the torque "launch". I'm not at all easy on my bike, but I'm not merciless. I've never seen my oil pressure light come on. Still.. the Roper plate is what the bike wants. As you said .. no brainer. One will turn up.

I'd love to hear your impressions of the WR450 sometime. Maybe the adv bike thread? http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20154

Well there are little clues like no wrench marks on fastener heads, no grease on the axles, no lube on the gearshift linkage, no lube on the lever pivots or cables, no lube on the sidestand pivot. Everything completely dry!

They come from the factory that way.

Hehe.

Enjoy.

Yup, spotted the threads on tank off and wheels off maintenance and planning to work through those step by step over the next few weeks (no rush, going to be cold, wet and salty round here for while yet)

The bike was a long distance purchase over in Oregon, which was a bit of a risk buying it unseen but the seller was a good guy and the bike is in better condition than I could ever have imagined so I'm very happy.

She's up in the air at the moment though awaiting shiny new wheels to arrive back from powder coat. Meantime I'm assembling all the parts and fluids I need for a full service and tuneup

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...