Kudos for Richmond Guzzi Dealer

Bill Hagan

So, I had been concerned about my Stornello's "dandruff" problem, i.e., some flaking of paint, or primer, or overspray, or something just inside the fuel tank under the cap. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4361.jpg

I decided to follow that up with an inquiry to a dealer.

Underwhelmed by the (unrelated) post-sale responsiveness of the dealer where I bought my Stornello last summer, I contacted the Richmond dealer where my brother had bought a new V7 III Special this past August; Scoot (&/or Moto) Richmond, https://www.motorichmond.com. Richmond is only three hours way, and, as all Guzzisti know, a "nearby" dealer means one within a day's ride. 

I asked in an email about their thoughts on a local fix or warranty claim or whatever. I worried that I was concerned about nothing; wouldn't be the first time. 

FWIW, I am not one of those folks who complain when one instrument needle fades to a different shade from another in the sun! [Was there when a Bassa owner raised that to Zen Moto in Atlanta.] I was, however, concerned lest flaking paint might lead potentially to more serious problems, e.g., fouling fuel and filter if particles get into fuel or if the flaking “migrated” upward and implicated actual paint.

I sent my email inquiry at about 9:30 a.m. last Wednesday. Before 4:30 p.m. that same day, Moto Richmond / Scoot Richmond’s Service Advisor, “Rachael,” sent me this: 

"Hi Bill, Your gas tank replacement has been approved! I will contact you when we receive it. Moto Guzzi will send it to us with in a week or two. I'll be in touch soon. Have a great day.”

Wow! I’ve been around Guzzis for awhile and seen lots of dealers that spanned the spectrum from dismal to great, but I have never seen a one-day turnaround on a warranty inquiry. Cynics might (understandably) think that it ain’t over ’til the corpulent woman in Mandello actually sends the tank, but I am still impressed.

My obvious (and overlong) point is that if you need Guzzi warranty or other work, don't overlook Moto Richmond. 

Bill

• Like 4

Just an update.

Rachael called me a few days ago and said tank was in.  She wanted me to come in right away -- Christmas may be a busier time on the sales side of the house than in service -- but The She in my life made it clear that it was even busier in our life so I made an appointment after Christmas.   :whistle:

All in all, pretty amazing service support.

Bill

• Like 1