Motratech (or other) dropped pegs likes/dislikes

Gmc28

I've sifted through a few threads on this topic and got a big of a feel on the topic, but does anyone have any solid opinions on the dropped footpeg setups like the MotraTechs?

Thats not small price tag, and I'm not keen on changing the look of the '02 Lemans, but at just under 6'4" and in the over-50 "experience" group, the stock ergos are, well, not ideal.

Do the motratech's make that much difference?  And are owners happy with how they look?  Are there other issues or plusses to the setup?  Are there others that are better? 

Might be a christmas present to myself, but looking for a little more input before I cough up the expense.

From the MotraTech ads, it appears that "tall"tCentauro owners would also be good folks to ask about this, as apparently the pegs end up mimicing the Centauro stock setup ergo's (?)

I should add that I have the dropped pegs from the guy here in Oregon. Nice pegs, and they do make a difference, and I may just stay with these.  But I can't get enough adjustment from the stock levers to make the whole setup feel as natural as stock (clunkier use of rear brake and shifter, even after adjustment within limits), and I'm also wondering about how much advantage I'd get from how the MotraTech's move the pegs forward as well.

merry xmas everyone

Oops... update:

Founds a couple more threads that had eluded me somehow on the previous search.  Clearly user error, though not sure why those threads didn't pop up on my last search. 

Still interested in input, but I'm finding more now and perhaps could have un-cluttered the forum by not posting this question....

cheers

How much difference do you expect from your current setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure...

Just would like to see if there's a way to keep the bike looking good but get it to where I don't need to do a concsious deep knee-bend to get my feet back on the pegs.  Perhaps I'm chasing a ghost, but am searching ...

Oops... update:

Founds a couple more threads that had eluded me somehow on the previous search.  Clearly user error, though not sure why those threads didn't pop up on my last search. 

Still interested in input, but I'm finding more now and perhaps could have un-cluttered the forum by not posting this question....

cheers

Ha, well, our search function is kinda like The Yellow Brick Road. You can get to The Emerald City eventually, but you are likely to be otherwise engaged and entertained on the way . . .  :rasta:B):drink:

> just watch out for the flying blue monkeys!

I'm 6' 0" and put the lowered pegs back to stock position on one of mine. It was a home-made lowering kit - comfortable, but not attractive.  I find the stock position comfortable, but not sure how I'd feel if I was 4 inches taller.

Maybe you are chasing a ghost if you want it to feel like a Multistrada or Cagiva Gran Canyon (your other bikes).  Your profile says an 03 LeMans is coming soon - have you had a long ride on one yet? 

looks like i need to mod my profile... got lazy and didn't pay attention.  It's an '02, and been on property since late summer.  Love it.  But not due to its comfort...  No expectation for it to be a long range comfort machine for me.  Its truly just fine to keep it as-is for how I use it, for putting to/from work, and the occasional sunny weekend spin.  The other bikes are for the longer range riding.  I just like to futz with the toys, and the ergos for sure are a thing I could justify messing with, if I found the right solution.

And yes, I've become accustomed to the flying blue monkeys! 

• Like 1

I wouldn't still have my V11 Rossa Corsa if I didn't have these mounted: http://motratech.com/Motratech/Welcome.html

I also have the setup from RPM cycles that moved the clip ons up and back.

Frank

I wouldn't still have my V11 Rossa Corsa if I didn't have these mounted: http://motratech.com/Motratech/Welcome.html

I also have the setup from RPM cycles that moved the clip ons up and back.

Frank

I have to agree with Frank. On my ''04 Cafe Sport with high bars the stock foot peg position made no sense. Why raise the bars but keep the pegs in the same place? Pure torture. Go with the Motratechs like I did.

John

interesting.  So sounds like there are lots of happy people with the successful peg moves.

So then, I'm still working through the motratech vs motobits question, that has been hammered out by others to varying degrees of satisfaction.  Will dig a little deeper on that part of the question next...

I've had lowered footpegs on 3 V11s. Motobits on my 03 Lemans, Motrabits on my Coppa, and Motrabits on my 03 Rosso Corsa. I liked the Motrabits the best for comfort. I am also fitting a set of adjustable clipons to the Rosso.

The Motrabits are more expensive, but they are well made and have a good fit. If you do get them, pull the starter and the cylinder for the rear shock first thing.

Bill Bassett

Installing the Knight Design 1" lowered footpegs on my Sport made a huge difference for my hips and knees.

Much better. One of the better mods I have made.

I've had lowered footpegs on 3 V11s. Motobits on my 03 Lemans, Motrabits on my Coppa, and Motrabits on my 03 Rosso Corsa. I liked the Motrabits the best for comfort. I am also fitting a set of adjustable clipons to the Rosso.

The Motrabits are more expensive, but they are well made and have a good fit. If you do get them, pull the starter and the cylinder for the rear shock first thing.

Bill Bassett

So Bill, you mean you've installed the motobits and the motratechs? Looks like you may a typo in there...

To keep it simple, I think you're saying u like the "techs" over the "bits"?

And JB, I have the knight design pegs. Agreed that those are a good change, and ultimately they are good enough, but the resultant lever (shift & brake) fitment is off, even with max adjustment of the stock levers. No big complaint, but some of the fun is looking for if/how to get it just right. The Knights are a good product and fit. And looks like he's a fellow Oregonian...