Fuel Solenoid Elimination

paulnaz

Greetings o knowledgeable ones,

I'm curious as to the model and date that Guzzi eliminated the electric petcock on the V11"s. 

Thanks in Advance and Happy Holidays one and all!

Paul B

The 2002 models (and the 2003 Sports) have external fuel pump and manual petcock. I think all the earlier had electric petcocks. Starting with the 2003 LeMans (and special editions) they had internal fuel pumps (no petcock).

That is what I was thinking: 2002 with the wiring harness change.  But, as Chuck sez, not precisely at that instant, more like when the bin went empty. :glare:

All the RedFrame Sports and Rosso Mandello likely started with the "electric cock." :o

I think that's right, Docc. Only the red-frames can have a "Go-Winkie" by using the electric petcock plug after installing a manual petcock. The 2002 bikes do not have a plug for the electric petcock - they came originally with manual petcocks.

Correct- I looked all over my '02 LM for an extra plug for the petcock and was unable to locate one.  Pretty sure I was going to use it as a power source for my GPS.  Happy New Year guys, looking forward to some great rides!