Griso valve covers.

Lucky Phil

Just a word of warning if you are going to use either Griso or Breva/Sport rocker covers you really need to use the Valpollini 'Coated Metal' valve cover gaskets otherwise there is a very good chance you will be plagued by constant gasket failures! Why? I have absolutely no idea! After donkey's years of there being no issue with the standard 'Old Style' gaskets though the last of the 2 Valvers developed the unerring ability to squeeze them out from between the mating surface and it doesn't seem to matter what you do they'll keep on doing it!

Pete

Just a word of warning if you are going to use either Griso or Breva/Sport rocker covers you really need to use the Valpollini 'Coated Metal' valve cover gaskets otherwise there is a very good chance you will be plagued by constant gasket failures! Why? I have absolutely no idea! After donkey's years of there being no issue with the standard 'Old Style' gaskets though the last of the 2 Valvers developed the unerring ability to squeeze them out from between the mating surface and it doesn't seem to matter what you do they'll keep on doing it!

Pete

Thanks Pete, So are these MLS gaskets, you know the same as the latest head gaskets, multi layered steel with the viton black coating? Ducati changed over to them on their covers as well. If thats what you are refering to I'll use them anyway on the old covers as they are great.

Ciao 

This bike is gorgeous! Is there a thread for this thing? I did look at the gallery... very nice.

Okay, so . . . I took the (moderator) liberty to add that image to LuckyPhil's post.  I hope that is cool with LuckyPhil . . . :sun:

This is sp838's V11. Here is his gallery: :thumbsup:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&user=9560

Everyone realize, we have some members that don't start threads, might not even post, but have amazing (AMAZING!) galleries. :pic:

Do not miss exploring the V11LM Galleries!

• Like 1

This bike is gorgeous! Is there a thread for this thing? I did look at the gallery... very nice.

Okay, so . . . I took the (moderator) liberty to add that image to LuckyPhil's post.  I hope that is cool with LuckyPhil . . . :sun:

This is sp838's V11. Here is his gallery: :thumbsup:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&user=9560

Everyone realize, we have some members that don't start threads, might not even post, but have amazing (AMAZING!) galleries. :pic:

Do not miss exploring the V11LM Galleries!

Yep perfect thanks docc  :thumbsup:  

Ciao

Thanks Pete, So are these MLS gaskets, you know the same as the latest head gaskets, multi layered steel with the viton black coating? Ducati changed over to them on their covers as well. If thats what you are refering to I'll use them anyway on the old covers as they are great.

Ciao

Buggered if I know what the *Correct* name for them is but they aren't the same as the head gaskets, that's completely different function technology. PM me your address and I'll send you a pair for nix and you can explain it. I'm too old, tired and #@$&@#@....:D

• Like 1

Donnie, ex at the Kinect Playground, mentioned the newer valve cover gaskets on his Griso.  Much better than the leakers I've used.  At the time, I wasn't sure they were interchangeable.  

If had only known....

Ciao

Buggered if I know what the *Correct* name for them is but they aren't the same as the head gaskets, that's completely different function technology. PM me your address and I'll send you a pair for nix and you can explain it. I'm too old, tired and #@$&@#@....:D

Thanks Pete, you're the man. Nice to here from you again, seems to have been a while, or is it just me.

Ciao

I have been sniffing around on Ebay for a pair of Griso/Breva covers for a few months hoping for a good deal. Now you have started this thread everyone will want them and the prices will go up. Thanks. I suppose one good thing is all those round case cover mods will come onto the market now.

Please do not start any threads for rear brake levers as I am looking for also looking for one of those.

• Like 1

I have a set that are in nice shape. Both of you are a good ways from me, but either could have them for the cost of shipping. The main warning is I am not the best at making time to do things.

Well its summer in Aussie Land so give Lucky Phil first shot. PM me otherwise.

Edit: Just took another look at the lovely Lady at the top of this thread. Suprised SP838 could afford to use a cash only pump after all the money he spent on her. Beautiful.

Well its summer in Aussie Land so give Lucky Phil first shot. PM me otherwise.

Edit: Just took another look at the lovely Lady at the top of this thread. Suprised SP838 could afford to use a cash only pump after all the money he spent on her. Beautiful.

Thanks 68C but you go ahead, I've managed to source a pair.

Ciao

Phil, the gaskets are at Michael's shop and he's shearing this week and I can't find the gasket So! ARRRGH. They are there, I have 20 in stock but I'll have to get him to dig them out.

Hope you don't mind if they stink of lanolin! :D

Pete