Fourteenth South'n Spine Raid 2018

It is also quite easy to create a diversion by saying, "My bike has a funny noise" (or a little leak, or something loose . . .) ;)

The entourage, in its entirety, will surround the hapless beast, tool rolls in hand, champing at the chance to turn a fastener or tweak a switch. :luigi:

Let there be hammers! :mg::thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Seems that a proper TechSession could be in order simply evaluating wear patterns on sidestands . . . 

. . . .addressing the small fastener into the sump spacer . . .

. . . and torgueing that main fastener to 75 ft-lbs!

What a device! (Our V11 sidestands . . .)

IMG_5184.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just made reservations for Kathi and me.  :mg:

Walt says rooms nearly all booked, with only four Guzzisti among those!  :o

Still trying to figure out which beast to bring.  I prefer Stornello, but Kathi says Norge.  We all know how this movie ends.  :wub:

Whatever we bring, will be on trailer with chase car, as we'll leave truck, trailer, and Guzzi Norge at Tellico while we visit Atlantan friends.

Bill

P.S.  While, of course, you can chat with Walt on the phone, you have to use their on-line booking system to lock in a room.  Go to http://www.lodgeattellico.com.  

• Like 1

^^^^^

Regrettably, it's a one-bike trailer.  What was I thinking?   :homer:

OTOH, I may have remembered that my only tow vehicle is '93 POS (but loyal and beloved :notworthy: ) Toyota p/u with 220K miles, no A/C, radio, or PS.  The 500# Aluma with one Guzzi is about all the towing I can ask of it.   :whistle:  

OBTW, Walt tells me that there is no vacancy in the "garage," so my Norge will have to sleep outside.  Sigh.   :(

Bill

So.. if for instance, the Midwest Antique Airplane fly in in Wisconsin gets weathered out, and a guy (hypothetically) jumped on his Scura and cannonballed down.. would there be a place to stay at the last minute?

• Like 2

Re: "vacancies" . . .

First, the "garage." We can fit three or four of our lithe, little sweethearts in each of those spaces otherwise filled to the brim with the more common highway bruisers. :whistle:

@Chuck: I'm betting someone can get you in a pull-out or roll-away in the event you happen upon the scene.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Eight weeks from now, we'll be making our way home from the Fart-eenthSSR . . . :sun:

Just a reminder to be looking at the roads, routes, and attractions of the area as there really is no full-size/everyone-at-once/organized ride with a preset route.  It would be great for some route and ride ideas to post here, and consider forming some fine allegiances and riding Saturday in groups up to five or six.

I like trying to form a diversified group: A navigator  :nerd: , a guy good with tools :luigi:  ,  someone with great sounding Mistral  :race: , a pannier-meeneeac to carry the beer at the end of the day  :bier:  ,  and some wirenut with extra relays  :blink:  . . . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Considering a Technical Session having a look at the feet and function of V11 sidestands. The foot is generally hidden when parked and there are reports of heavy wear at the contact point with the tarmac.

Consider servicing your V11 sidestand fasteners and switch. That largest bolt into the timing chest is torqued to 75 Nm!  :luigi:

And that little bolt into the sump spacer? Sketchy! :o

DSCN2894.jpg

Just heard that my riding buddy, Blair with the red Griso, had a serious accident riding in Peletonia yesterday.

Fractures to his pelvis, so he'll be recovering for quite a while.

This means that there is a bed available in my room if anyone is hesitating about coming down.