Fourteenth South'n Spine Raid 2018

Peletonia is a Charity bike ride that happens across the country.

Apparently Blair was a group of bicycles, the 4 in front of him veered left to avoid an obstacle & in trying to do the same he ran into a 3’ traffic cone which knocked him off.

Seems the same accident could happen to any group of cycles with engines or not.

A heads up to anyone who has not booked a room yet, I just spoke to Walt at the Lodge at Tellico and he told me he has had around half a dozen cancellations for the weekend of SSR14 (it's supposition and/or conjecture on my part but I figure the pirates heard that the "Raiders" were inbound and knew they couldn't hang.....) that said if anyone has not booked a room now might be a good time to jump on it or let anyone that was sitting on the fence know that some rooms are available. Prior to these cancellations Walt had been pretty much booked up on SSR weekend.

• Like 2

^^^^^^^^

Thanks for that ... tho I just saw it.  Doh.

Anyway, just called Walt and added the "garage" to my reservation.

Bill

P.S.

I expect all attendees to get smart on the Battle of Eutaw Springs, as we will drink a toast (and perhaps several! :drink: ) in the honor of those -- on both sides, Tim! :D --  who fought and fell there back in '81 ... 8 September 1781.  For those still reading, see https://tinyurl.com/Eutaw-Springs-Book   ;)

Decided to blow off the Midwest Antique Airplane fly in and come to the Fourteenth annual Southern Spine raid instead. :grin: Called Walt and straightened out (I hope) a balls up on the reservation. My Sweetie, Dorcia, is coming, too, so we'll put the Mighty Scura in the van. It'll be our 40th anniversary trip. :helmet: She's a good girl..  :wub:

• Like 3

We're getting closer now

I had originally booked this double room to share with a mate to back out. Does anyone have a double room that they'd mind sharing ? Rockerfella I'm not.

PM me if you have space.

Hmmmm.

The perils of a moto-harem.

Trying to decide which Unspine to take to SSR.

Incredibly, they are all ready for combat operations.  Well, OK, the EV has a dodgy firing problem, but that's fixable in short (NPI  :grin: ) order, so that won't help. 

Will take two days (as I don't do the slab :not: ), but I can ride the Norge, EV, and Griso down, and all have been there before.

Kathi will drive down separately as we have family and other business in Atlanta for a few days afterwards.  She would ride with the ungroup(s) on either Norge or EV, but is Bartleby the Scrivener with the Griso.

The Stornello?  It hasn't been there yet, but will require trailering; that's doable, but is a bit of a logistical PITA.  Kathi took her first ride on it today, pronouncing it essentially OK, but not a proper. pillion post for a Polish Princess.  It is a delightful little beast comma but.  

So, what to do?  That's a rhetorical question, of course.  I have time, bourbon, and, naturally, grappa :thumbsup: enough to decide.

Bill

i-NW26jzC-L.jpg

Just an FYI:

Blueboarhound told me he talked to Walt (The Lodge at Tellico) and there are two rooms left (a king and a king with a twin).

Anyone have a room already to share with nobleswood?

Having fallen into a sketchy pattern of trying to get the last thirty bucks out of one of my tires on the South'n Spine Raid, I decided to bring a spare . . .

IMG_6318.jpg

• Like 3