V11 Sport Front Wheel Bearing Spacer

moto fugazzi

I believe they should be there for all of our cast front wheels. MG part number 01615290 and they call it Front Internal Wheel Spacer.

Yes its critical dont think of assembling it without the spacer. It takes the compressive load when tightening up the axle or axle nut depending on your year model through the inner bearing races. If its not fitted that load will be transmitted through the bearings roller balls to the outer race and the lateral forces will create very high friction and the bearings will fail extremely quickly.

Ciao

Yes, that must be in there. It keeps the bearings in place when tightening the axle nut. Yours not have one?

I have a spare wheel that I was going to powder coat, and I'd rather not take the spacer out of the original if I didn't have to. Just hoping someone has a spare from a wrecked wheel.

Ken

I didn't notice that this was an ad at first. I was wondering what your question was. There's a chance that I have one of those... will go take a look.

IMG_7477.jpg

I have this spacer, which I think came out of a 2002 LeMans. ID=20mm, OD=25.5mm, Length=133.75mm

It looks different than the part in the diagram - but the one in the diagram seems familiar too, so I am a bit uncertain if I have the right part for you.

It's not hard to remove the spacer in your current wheel. Just knock out one wheel bearing - then you'll know for sure. 

Yes, that must be in there. It keeps the bearings in place when tightening the axle nut. Yours not have one?

I have a spare wheel that I was going to powder coat, and I'd rather not take the spacer out of the original if I didn't have to. Just hoping someone has a spare from a wrecked wheel.

Ken

You will need to remove the wheel bearings to powder coat the wheel I believe. The temps involved are a bit high to expect the bearing grease and seals to cope.

Ciao

I'm assuming Ken has a spare wheel with no bearings or spacer - and has a complete wheel on the bike, which he prefers to leave intact.

I say go ahead and powder coat the spare, knock a bearing out of the wheel that's on the bike now, and put the spacer and new bearings in the powder coated wheel. Then you'll know for sure what the spacer looks like - and if mine is a match. You can also put new bearings in the original front wheel.

I believe they should be there for all of our cast front wheels. MG part number 01615290 and they call it Front Internal Wheel Spacer.

I'm assuming Ken has a spare wheel with no bearings or spacer - and has a complete wheel on the bike, which he prefers to leave intact.

I say go ahead and powder coat the spare, knock a bearing out of the wheel that's on the bike now, and put the spacer and new bearings in the powder coated wheel. Then you'll know for sure what the spacer looks like - and if mine is a match. You can also put new bearings in the original front wheel.

After looking at the parts diagrams, I think yours is different. I'm assuming yours is for a solid axle, whereas I have the hollow axle on my 2004 Cafe. On the plus side, the 2002 and 2004 wheels have the same part number, so I'm thinking just the internal spacer is different, plus one different ID bearing on one side.

Taking my front wheel off now to check the spacer is something I don't have time for in this cold WI weather. 

Ken