2004 V11 Sport Naked 2k miles

inkblot

FRESH UPDATE: Still have this nice V11. I just had another kid. There's no way I'm gonna give it the care it deserves (the bike, that is...). Come make me an offer!

OLD UPDATE: Still available as of 8/24. Had a few deals fall through. Went on a nice ride last weekend- everything works great. Plenty of sunny days left this season! $4500 obo. 

I've finally decided to sell my 2004 V11 Sport Naked. It's in great shape, and has only 2000 miles. I'm the original owner.

A brief history:

I bought the bike new in Seattle from Moto International, a great, small shop full of Guzzi experts. I put most of the miles on the bike over the next 2 years, though my mileage was limited by the Seattle weather and my reluctance to ride in the rain. I had only a few minor issues with the bike during these years, mostly around flaky starting electrics which was resolved by Moto Int'l by replacing the original relays with Bosch units, and then by bypassing the clutch safety switch with a short bullet connector.

I then lost a few years when I moved to CA, and left the bike in Seattle. I finally was able to bring the bike down (in a trailer), but ran into registration issues as the CA DMV's (incorrect) interpretation was that the bike was a 49 state model, and not CA smog compliant. I lost a few more years being distracted by life and not dealing with the registration. I then got motivated again and dealt with the DMV, and eventually got the bike fully registered (you can see the associated thread here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15706&hl=inkblot&do=findComment&comment=169725 ).

I put a few more miles on it after getting registered, but then life happened again (got married, had a kid) and the bike sat again for a couple of years. Under a little pressure to free up some space due to another move, I decided to sell the bike on consignment through Munroe Motors in San Francisco. I rode the bike to the shop, and as fate would have it, the motor developed a very nasty sound as I got about 3 blocks from the shop. So, instead of selling the bike, I ended up spending a bunch of time and money replacing the camshaft, which had apparently failed due to my poor job of changing the oil during all of the bike's inactivity. The tires were also replaced, and now have only about 100 miles on them.

After the repair, the bike ran fantastic again, so I brought it back home with a renewed pride of ownership. Life took over again though, and the bike sat for another stretch. Finally ready to let the bike go, I got her all cleaned up and went on a shakedown ride, then found a puddle of gas on my garage floor. Turns out the gas tank wasn't venting correctly (maybe something got clogged, or maybe the vent-valve wasn't reinstalled correctly during the previous service). Munroe was able to perform a quick fix, which should work for most- though the proper fix will be to replace the entire tank. Guzzi doesn't stock the tank with the proper color any more, and I'd prefer to sell the bike as it is (rather than taking the time to source a matching tank or custom painting a different one). Take a look at the thread here, which brings us up to current date: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19920&hl=inkblot&do=findComment&comment=220332 Munroe Motors also performed a used bike inspection to confirm that all of the basics/safety/etc are up to snuff.

I don't need to sell this audience on the merits of this bike- you all know exactly what it is (and isn't). Other than the repairs noted, the only other modifications are a fender eliminator kit and some bar-end mirrors. The bike now runs great, looks great, and is ready to go to a new home.

You can check out my gallery here:

These bikes don't pop up for sale often, so I really don't have a good sense of its value. I will consider any reasonable cash offer, but I'm not interested in trades, unless you have an old 911 engine laying around!  :)

PM me or email gilbertjmasters at gmail if you're interested. I'm happy to answer any general questions about the bike in this thread. I'm in the SF Bay Area.

Thanks all,

Jake

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...