Trouble down shifting

thelonewonderer

I agree with Scud, also turn your fasteners so that the nut is on the back side of the Heim Joints.

Also, grease the pivot bolt and lubricate the Heim Joints.

• Like 1

Now mate this isnt going to be another "rebuilt V11 Sport wont start" 10 pager that ends with "I pulled it all apart found nothing wrong, put it back together and its fine now" deal is it. :whistle:

Ciao  

• Like 1

Now mate this isnt going to be another "rebuilt V11 Sport wont start" 10 pager that ends with "I pulled it all apart found nothing wrong, put it back together and its fine now" deal is it. :whistle:

Ciao

Maybe! My workbench misses having an engine on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ciao

Maybe! My workbench misses having an engine on it.

BTW your shift lever is hitting the pork chop on the down shifts.

Ciao

• Like 1

She's shifting fine! Thanks for all the help, and for digging up that picture, docc. I'd buy you a beer if I could! :bier:

Ok, sooo . . .  just to clarify: you adjusted the shift mechanism and that took care of the problem entirely?

She's shifting fine! Thanks for all the help, and for digging up that picture, docc. I'd buy you a beer if I could! :bier:

Ok, sooo . . . just to clarify: you adjusted the shift mechanism and that took care of the problem entirely?
Yes, that did it.

• Like 1

I'd buy you a beer if I could! :bier:

A lot of shifting issues get solved by adjusting the linkage . . .

.. gap between lever and `pork chop`when downshift ? 

-KG-

. . . the linkage is binding or otherwise not in the correct range of travel.

. . . especially tuning the foot shift lever and mechanism . . .

Let's hope for shift lever adjustment! :luigi:

BTW your shift lever is hitting the pork chop on the down shifts.

If there's gonna be beer, Kindergarten Rules apply: "Ya gotta bring enough for everyone."  :grin:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone! I know it's been over a year, but I believe if figured this one out. I thought I'd post my theory, then update when I get the parts in and the gearbox back together.

Basically, the problem with down shifting seemed to go away, but it started creeping back. I was riding one day and the issue got worse. Then the selector spring broke, so I had to get the bike home in 2nd gear (thank you to everyone that posted on the forum about the springs breaking; it made my problem easy to diagnose). 

I got the new selector spring in and was putting the gearbox selector back together when I noticed ANOTHER broken spring, the Lever Spring. So, I believe that my troubles down shifting were because one of the long arms of this spring had snapped off. I also think this led to more stress than normal on the shifter spring, which caused it's failure, or it could just be a coincidence. Either way, I'm ordering a new lever spring from Harper Moto. Like I said, I'll update when I get her back together. Hopefully, these were the only gremlins in the gearbox!

On another note, anyone have any advice on installing the circlips that hold the selector gears in place? I always seem to bend them out of shape, rendering them useless.