New Dealer OKC

LowRyter

Just saw the e-mail from Piaggio USA.

Our friend Don, the guy that makes the transmission braces for the Redframes, will be our new dealer for Guzzi, Aprilia and Vespa here in Oklahoma City.

Don has made a second run of transmission braces.  So I know you guys are buying his parts.  BTW- he's also part of a new company that makes motorcycle shocks, so he's making a custom shock for my Greenie. I've given him the stats and want it gray with a red spring and remote preload adjuster.   I'll give a report.

I've written a little summary on WIld.  But if you haven't read it, Piaggio looks like a good fit.  They aren't going to drown him with motorcycle inventory,  They want service and lifestyle brand which fits Don pretty well since he build customs, likes off brand stuff, and has a good following in the community.  

http://www.motivcycleworks.com

He'll be moving the shop to a new location to make room for a show room and perhaps move to a final location later that he can own.  As soon as it's firmed up, I'll let you know.

• Like 1

Don is moving his shop to a new location.   Should be a Moto Guzzi dealer with bikes in March.  I expect that he'll have a a couple of dozen bikes and scooters.

He will keep the same name,  Motiv Cycleworks 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to pass on that Don Moomaw at Motiv Cycleworks is moving his shop to 906 N. Ann Arbor Ave, Oklahoma City, OK and will open a new franchise for Moto Guzzi, Aprilia and Vespa.   Ann Arbor is midway between Macarthur and Meridian. 

• 8 months later...

I wanted to pass on an update.

Don has gotten his first shipment of new Guzzis in stock.   He'll begin selling them in December.  Right now he's a Guzzi-only franchise but it's my understanding that he can procure parts and perform service on Aprilia and Vespa.  He has about a dozen bikes in house, mostly small-blocks with three 1400s and a Griso.

I wish him good luck.  

• Like 2