No valve covers left

stewgnu

. . .  But good to be aware of the alternatives as i seem to fall of periodically.

I know we Yanks and Brits are separated by a common language, but your valve covers fall off periodically, Stew !?! :o

I know that the V11 valve covers will fit a 2 valve CARC motor, like a Griso 1100. So I would think a CARC 1100 valve cover would fit a V11 motor. In fact, I think someone has already done it. It looks different, but it should fit.

Seems when all hands were on deck to build this field-expedient valve cover gasket for Goofman's 2-valve 1200 Sport, the word was the gaskets differ between the 1064 motor and the "1200." Not sure what that means to simply fitting 2v-1200 covers to a V11 (1064)? Special gaskets or no?

Spine%20gasket_zpsasbc8z4k.jpg

“I know we Yanks and Brits are separated by a common language, but your valve covers fall off periodically, Stew !?! :o

:D

Nope, I’m just not a very good rider perhaps! ... poor poor bike being saddled with me..

“I know we Yanks and Brits are separated by a common language, but your valve covers fall off periodically, Stew !?! :o

Nope, I’m just not a very good rider perhaps! ... poor poor bike being saddled with me..

Haha - just thought that a funny one. Couldn't resist the tease. Someone oughtta report to the moderator . . . :whistle:

Stew, Worth getting a pair of cylinder protectors. Gutsibits do those that use all the bolts, not just those on the outer edge.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Stew, Worth getting a pair of cylinder protectors. Gutsibits do those that use all the bolts, not just those on the outer edge.

The red is post sale anodizing aabac4775f8c441ffa8bdd7129e6cf1f.jpg

I have those, on my Griso 1100. Mine have the letters in white, so it is even more in your face. It actually looks good that way on the Griso, the Griso is not a subtle motorcycle.

• Like 1

Yes i had, and will have, protectors fitted. The bike slid down the road about 30 feet or so and ground the protector completely away. It did it’s job very well- the road just started to bite into the rocker cover. No damage to the fins thankfully.

You can run any square side cover I believe.  You can also run this:

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2455

Which is an adapter for any round sides to fit the big twins.

Ooo, fitting the round head covers would be a nice look.

Thanks for all the info guys! It’s great to be made aware of all the possible options

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

You can run any square side cover I believe.  You can also run this:

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2455

Which is an adapter for any round sides to fit the big twins.

Ooo, fitting the round head covers would be a nice look.

Thanks for all the info guys! It’s great to be made aware of all the possible options

Hi guys, I was in the Quail Lodge Motorcycle Gathering this weekend.... great event.

My V11 was on display, and got a lot of positive comments.

Just recently added the aftermarket alloy covers with GUZZI on them in a raw cast finish... here are 3 pics of my V11 at the show:

sVjEXTR.jpg

ilQaUoM.jpg

C8MkXlZ.jpg

There was also a sweet Guzzi custom on display behind me, and he had the polished rounded covers (with adapter plate) on a square-fin (1100?) engine.

Not noticing that at the time, I asked him if it's an 850 and he said 'yes', but he wasn't the owner.... he was showing the bike for the owner in Hong Kong.

Looks like it's a V11 engine in an older frame, but I'm sort of a newbie with identifying the older version frames... 

Just that the rounded, polished valve covers made me immediately think it was an 850... it's a beauty! Here's a pic:

47ZiGmh.jpg

One more photo from the show, this one of a Morgan-style Aero Cycle Cars 3 wheeler, with V11 Guzzi  power!:

iUbluF9.jpg

See ya!

BLIGHT

• Like 5