No valve covers left

stewgnu

Is it 'Kosher' to post a link to a Google Photos Album here?

I'm sure many of you would like to get a feel for this great 10th annual Quail Lodge Motorcycle Gathering event is like.

It's mostly just a bunch of bike pics, but many bikes that that you will never see in person.

Everything from a Norton Rotary... Kenny Robert's TZ750 Flat Tracker (he was there too)...to a Hodaka!

And a very special burgundy V11 Moto-Guzzi!!

Here's the link, enjoy!: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CL65YzvcbFzD3SU33

BLIGHT

• Like 1

BLIGHT

I'm surprised you didn't include the four-valve conversion V11. I posted a thread with a couple photos of it here. There were a lot of cool Guzzis this year. 

Incidentally, your bike is in CityBike's photo gallery from the Quail (I'm the editor). Nice looking bike!

My friend (and user here, Woodburn) told me he chatted with you about your fender eliminator. I meant to go by and check it out. Can you share any info? 

BLIGHT

I'm surprised you didn't include the four-valve conversion V11. I posted a thread with a couple photos of it here. There were a lot of cool Guzzis this year. 

Incidentally, your bike is in CityBike's photo gallery from the Quail (I'm the editor). Nice looking bike!

My friend (and user here, Woodburn) told me he chatted with you about your fender eliminator. I meant to go by and check it out. Can you share any info? 

Hi Surj,

Thanks... I did see that bike, but I didn't take pics of every bike out there, just some that caught my eye.

(I made some comments on your thread about the new 4V aftermarket engine... check it out)

As far as my eliminator, I just unbolted the entire rear fender assy. including the tail-lights, turn-signals and fender.

Also removed the swingarm plastic covers, the left & right side-covers, and the airbox.... I went with K&N pods.

For a rear stop lamp and plate mount I bought a smoked cat-eye style one from Dime-City or Dennis Kirk... can't remember.

Mounted it up with a couple of bolts the to the remaining steel hanger at the rear under the tail-fairing. Simple plug in for the stop and running lamp.

Then I made up a turn-signal mount for my LED turn-signals (same sources) from a 9" long piece of steel bar 3/4" x 1/8", and bent the ends 90 deg, 1" from each end. You could use aluminum bar from ACE Cafe, um, I mean Hardware and it would be easier to bend and drill.

I just attached it to the backside of the plate-lamp bracket with a couple of metal screws, or you can pop-rivet it in place, and plug in the signal wires.

I need to get some longer pop rivets and I'll remove the unsightly metal screws.

I also glued the license plate to the lamp bracket with GOOP adhesive, so no plate screws!

I covered the plate holes with 3M white reflective tape to clean it up.... painted the backside of the plate flat black so it looks better.

Here's a phone pic of the bracket in place:

f7ptdDk.jpg

Easy-peasy!

Cheers,

BLIGHT

That is very tidy, indeed! :thumbsup:

"GOOP" (aka "SHOE GOO") is  a toluene based contact adhesive that I've relied on a lot over the years. I just, now, retired a pair of Alpinestar riding boots after fifteen years, GOOing them back together numerous times.

Not sure I would trust it to hold onto my license tag indefinitely, though . . . :o

Pretty cool, V11 at > The Quail

Thanks man. My swingarm plastic is gone, too. Why hide that thing? 

As far as my eliminator, I just unbolted the entire rear fender assy. including the tail-lights, turn-signals and fender.

Also removed the swingarm plastic covers, the left & right side-covers, and the airbox.... I went with K&N pods.

For a rear stop lamp and plate mount I bought a smoked cat-eye style one from Dime-City or Dennis Kirk... can't remember.

Mounted it up with a couple of bolts the to the remaining steel hanger at the rear under the tail-fairing. Simple plug in for the stop and running lamp.

Then I made up a turn-signal mount for my LED turn-signals (same sources) from a 9" long piece of steel bar 3/4" x 1/8", and bent the ends 90 deg, 1" from each end. You could use aluminum bar from ACE Cafe, um, I mean Hardware and it would be easier to bend and drill.

My swingarm plastic is gone, too. Why hide that thing?

Just today, I had to ride through water run-off on a gravel driveway. It slung something like wet cement all around. But not on my Öhlins. I have a "fender system" for that! :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2018 at 23:28, BLIGHT said:

Di recente ho aggiunto le cover in lega aftermarket con GUZZI su una finitura grezza ... ecco 3 foto della mia V11 allo show:

Hi BLIGHT I like the aftermarket alloy covers with GUZZI on a rough finish you mounted on your v11. Can you tell me who produces them? I saw that they are for sale on ebay (https://www.ebay.it/itm/132171836829?ul_noapp=true) but I wanted to see if there were other finishes. 

Grazie, lamps!!!