As New Scura in the UK (430miles)

Troutman

I saw this a few months ago and can't believe it hasn't sold.

Moto Guzzi V11 1100cc

£6995 for what is a new bike and not likely to come across one ever again quite like it. When you think a Ducati Sport Classic would be £20k , If I hadn't bought my Cafe Sport then I would surely buy this. Not sure about those cans though, they look very long, might just be the way it's photographed.

I saw this a few months ago and can't believe it hasn't sold.

Moto Guzzi V11 1100cc

£6995 for what is a new bike and not likely to come across one ever again quite like it. When you think a Ducati Sport Classic would be £20k , If I hadn't bought my Cafe Sport then I would surely buy this. Not sure about those cans though, they look very long, might just be the way it's photographed.

The link doesn't seem to work mate.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The link worked for me. My Scura had under 200 miles on it when I bought it. I guess it's been close to 3 years now. It was cool to have a belated new-bike experience. But a brand-new Scura comes with a full complement of challenges: potentially under-sprung suspension, bubbling engine paint, oversized pawl arm boss in transmission, and, of course, the big one... the aluminum flywheel. 

The exhaust is the original, carbon-wrapped Lafranconi.

I can see it now.  The low mileage is a novelty, and it looks well preserved, but as Scud says, there are known issues to sort out.  To switch the clutch to a twin plate is quite an expense unless you get lucky with second hand parts.  I do think it's a question of 'when' rather than 'if' with the aluminium flywheel.  My Tenni flywheel had the early signs of radial cracking at around 12 000 miles.

The silencers do look a little 'low slung'.  I've got the carbon wrapped Lafranconis and they are higher at the rear.

No doubt  it would appreciate in value if you parked it up for a few years.  The premium is in the low mileage and that's gone as soon as you start using it.  I think the price is a bit steep.  I think around £5500 would be right.

I can see it now.  The low mileage is a novelty, and it looks well preserved, but as Scud says, there are known issues to sort out.  To switch the clutch to a twin plate is quite an expense unless you get lucky with second hand parts.  I do think it's a question of 'when' rather than 'if' with the aluminium flywheel.  My Tenni flywheel had the early signs of radial cracking at around 12 000 miles.

The silencers do look a little 'low slung'.  I've got the carbon wrapped Lafranconis and they are higher at the rear.

No doubt  it would appreciate in value if you parked it up for a few years.  The premium is in the low mileage and that's gone as soon as you start using it.  I think the price is a bit steep.  I think around £5500 would be right.

agreed. I think it's just the camera lens making those cans look weird.

I paid a premium for my low-mileage Scura. I don't regret it, and I still love it, despite (or perhaps in some weird masochistic way, because of) all the above-mentioned challenges.

remember, 7k pounds is 9700 US. I got the Tenni new in '02 and paid 11,700. and thought it was a deal. I still think it was. I watched a Scura for sale in NJ for several weeks last fall. It was $6995. mileage around 14k. I considered it, but the ad language put me off. Still, I didn't think it was out of line value-wise.

I reckon it's been dropped looking at the MOT history. It had an advisory in May 2010 that the near side bar was bent at (406 miles). 17 miles between April 2007 and June 2011 won't have done it much good either. I reckon anyone that buys that to use it will have an array of issues to deal with in addition to the ones already listed. Oil seals failing quite quickly where everything has dried out being just one that springs to mind.

I know from experience that selling a V11 in the UK is not easy, such a small market place, M&S motorcycles have had a Nero for sale for at least 2 years at £10k, I sold a Nero for £6k a while ago and just bought a better one for £3700, a friend just bought a Cafe Sport for £4k this is the real deal, the Scura is only worth that price to someone who really has to have one and then if it then gets used how it should be it will go down in value in the real world, the few V11s for sale in the UK at the moment are asking silly money but are not selling