Rate my oil change!

swooshdave

Well, no clip but I can assure you that filter isn't coming off. I got it a little too tight and couldn't back it off even with the filter socket. It's on there until I remove it for the next change. Probably 2 turns?

I put in 3.5qts and it's on the top mark of the stick. Too much?

Also I torqued the oil pan to 7ft/lbs which is about 10Nm. Which is for the 6mm bolts per the manual. One of the bolts did not feel good even at such low torque.

I did look for a hose clamp but I didn't have one handy. Maybe next time. I'll need a video on the adventures of just getting the old one off.

• Like 1

Ok you asked. Is that the SL rated Mobil 1 automotive oil? 

The Bosch 3330 didn't use to have a sticker. I removed it. I'll go with Wix the next time (same manufacturer no sticker.) Yes, I'm picking the fly poop out of the pepper, but still..

I've never removed the gasket from a filter, just lubed the mating surface. Right or wrong? I dunno. 

• Like 1

You might want a bigger ratchet to get the filter on tight.  (I use my hands) 

(I drop the pan too.  I tried the manhole and could never get it threaded back on when the bike was on the side stand.)

Dang it. Do I need to remove the sticker?

I've always done both sides of the gasket.

That's the oil I talked about in an earlier thread. I'm sure it will destroy the engine.

Dang it. Do I need to remove the sticker?

I've always done both sides of the gasket.

That's the oil I talked about in an earlier thread. I'm sure it will destroy the engine.

That's OK. I found a couple of inches of broken hose clamp in the bottom my sump.  :homer:

why worry about paper?

Yep, that's the car oil all right. Ready for an oil thread?  :grin:

No less than Dr. John told Dave Richardson, who told Greg Field who told me to "Use SG rated oil in your Guzzi."  :whistle:

Yep, that's the car oil all right. Ready for an oil thread?  :grin:

No less than Dr. John told Dave Richardson, who told Greg Field who told me to "Use SG rated oil in your Guzzi."  :whistle:

Covered here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20063

No need to talk about oil choices when you can make fun of me picking out label debris from my sump filter.

FWIW.......I use Mobil1 0W-40 full synthetic and dont remove the gasket just lube the face that goes against the crankcase. I also precharge the filter with oil to satisfy my OCD.

My bike doesnt use any oil or create any oil blowby into the air filter box.

I would remove the sticker from the filter if it were me but it probably wont matter.

Ciao

The label comes off! Dang it! I have a Bosch filter that’s been in my sump all winter.... Now I’m going to have to change my oil again....

You will need to report back on the state of the label.

The label comes off! Dang it! I have a Bosch filter that’s been in my sump all winter.... Now I’m going to have to change my oil again....

You will need to report back on the state of the label.

I'll bet it is fine, especially if it hasn't been getting hot.